Chapter 1

I sit beside a small pond and watch the fish swimming around in it. I take in a deep breath. The fresh smell of spring is quiet relaxing, considering all the troubles I have been in. Taking off my shoes and dipping my feet in the pond, I watching all the fish flee before looking up at the crystal clear night sky that is filled with endless stars.

A didn't realize how long I was gazing at the stars until I looked at my watch reading 12:01. Thats when I hear a rustle in the nearby bushes. I quickly unfold my wings and fly up to the top of a nearby tree to hide. I watch the person pass and I hold my breathe when he looks up, afraid that he might spot me. He does not seem to see me and he moves on. "Thank God." I quietly say to myself. I wait about ten minutes before deciding that it is safe for me to leave the tree. I jump out and start to flap my wings.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I've been flying for about half an hour when suddenly something nicks my arm. It hurts like Hell, but it is just a scratch.

What the fuck? 

A few seconds later more start to fly through the air and I recognize them immediately.

Bullets.

I feel an adrenaline rush. Now that I know they are coming, I simply dodge each one easily. After a few minutes it comes to an end and I relax a bit. However, that relaxation is cut short because next thing I know a net is flying at me. I try to get out of the way, but I'm too late. My whole body gets caught in it and I immediately start to fall out of the sky.

I land on the ground with a loud thud and cringe. I feel a pain throughout my body, but nothing seems to be broken. I try to get out of the net but it's no use, I just keep on getting tangled even more. I am still struggling when a man walks through the trees with a smirk on his face.

"Finally!" he exclaims as he walks better into my view. He has short, light brown hair, brown eyes, a square jaw with a bit of stubble and he is tall with a muscular body.

"You seriously have no idea how long I have been trying to catch a dem..." the man stops talking for a second and looks at my wings. "Angel?" His smirk is gone and is replaced with a look of fear and regret. I stay silent and make sure that my sleeve covers the mark that shows I have demon in me.

He comes right up to me and bends over. I inch back as best as I can in the net.

"Hey, it's okay," he says. Yeah right, the guy just shot me down from the sky. "I'm not going to hurt you." I look at the bruises starting to form from my fall and then to the nick on my arm from his first bullet, but instead of attacking me again he untangles me from the net and pulls me up.

I step back. The guy is simply just looks at me with softness in his eyes. I feel really uncomfortable given the irony of the situation. Normally in this situation I would have bolted a long time ago, but something is telling me to stay. It feels like it has been an eternity by the time he speaks again.

"Sorry, I just assumed you were...something else." he says and looks at my wings. I'm guessing he could not see the color and just assumed they were black, not white. Although he was kind of right about what I was when he first started shooting me and when he untangled me.