Chapter 8

Its been three days since I found out about how Black's parents killed my dad. Tal has been hovering around the castle ever since I found out, hiding anything sharp, making sure I eat and letting me cry on his shoulder. Tal just ushered me up to the shower and then went downstairs to make me a sandwich.

After my shower I mope down the stairs. Tal is waiting there with a sandwich for me. I down it as fast as I can so he will get off omy back. It does not work entirely though, but it does get Tal to go down to the bunker to make sure there is nothing that can be used to commit suicide down there.

Once he gets downstairs I head into the kitchen and get some ice cream out of the fridge. I walk into the living room and lay down on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and turn on "Click" trying to take my mind off of everything that happened. It does not work because halfway through the movie I am crying my head off again because of Black.

There is a knock on the door. I don't move but it opens anyways.

"Blight! Where are you?!" I hear Specks voice through the halls of the house. I hear the door shut and steps coming towards the living room. "Hey I was wondering if..." she stops when she sees me crying with a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. "Oh Blight. What happened?" Speck asks. I tell her everything between sobs.

"Blight. I'm so sorry." I continue crying. I hear footsteps and a few seconds later Tal is taking Speck to the kitchen whispering to her. After a few minutes they both come out and come over to me.

"Get up. We are taking you out." Speck says cheerfully. I groan.

"I don't wan-"

"You don't have a choice." Speck interrupts in a sing-song voice. I throw a pillow at her.

"Blight come on." Tal pulls me up and leads me to my room. He pulls out a pair of jeans, a black lace shirt lined with jewels, my black leather jacket and my black converse. "Get dressed." he walks out and I comply.

"Where are we even going?" I grumble.

"To a restaurant with Speck and Ren." Tal replies.

"Gag"

Tal ushers me into his car and Speck follows. Once Tal gets in he buckles up and then starts driving us to the all night movie theater.

We get to the restaurant about forty five minutes later.

"We are supposed to meet Ren over there." Speck points out Ren's car and Tal parks beside it. Speck hops out of the car and jumps into his arms.

"Hey babe." He says to her kissing her cheek. He glances at me. "Hey Blight." he nods to me with a slight smile. I don't even look at him. Tal comes over to me and puts an arm around my shoulders.

Always a big brother. I hope...