Chapter 5

I have been in the air for awhile when I decide that I should go enjoy the night, or at least try. I start to make my descent down to the ground and I land by the road. I look around to make sure that Ozi is not nearby and I listen for a howl of a wolf, well Speck I should say.

Seems safe enough right now.

I start to walk into the forest when I hear a car door slam. I start running and I hide in the shadows. I can hear the person who was in the car coming closer. I can't get a look at the person unless I want to make myself seen, so I just wait. The person is getting closer.

"Blight!" the person calls out.

Oh it's just Black. Wait, is he following me?

I come out of where I was hiding and Black runs over to me.

"Hey." Hey says to me once we are face to face.

"Hi."

"What are you doing out here?"

"Walking. I find it peaceful in the woods. It's where I spent most of my time with my-" I start to choke on my words. Black pats my back.

"You don't have to say it."

"Thanks. How did you know where I was?"

He rubs the back of his neck, "I have my ways.. anyways are you ready for the party? Considering it is in a few days."

"Yeah. Ready as I'll ever be."

"Good." Black looks at me, his eyes gently looking at me.

"I should go." I start to walk away and he follows.

"I'll come with." I swallow hard.

Neither one of us say anything. we just stroll through the woods until the sun starts to peek over the horizon. When it does he comes over to me and pulls up the hood of my jacket. I put my hands in my pocket.

"Thanks..." I whisper softly. He just nods.

When we get back to the road he opens his car door for me and I get in, grateful for the calmness of the rest of the night considering the events with Ozi and Tal. He drives me home and we sit in the car in silence, listening to a pop station on the radio. By the time we get to my castle ,the sun is completely over the horizon. He gets out and puts a hand in the air telling me to wait. He goes to the trunk and kicks it until it opens. I smile a little. He comes over to the passenger door, opens up an umbrella then opens the door for me. I oddly feel butterflies in my stomach.

Stop he is a hunter.

"Thank you." I smile.