Chapter 2

We sit in the car in silence. Black is just staring at the road, which is a good thing, and I'm just staring out the window. The trees on either side seem endless. We have been on the road for at least hour or two. I look over at him. He seems so focused yet concentrated. The air is filled with tension so I simply just sink down into the seat and fall asleep.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

I'm running. Daddy is right behind me. He tells me to keep on going, to not stop running until I get to the safe house no matter what. I don't know why we are running, just that it is serious. I trip and fall and Daddy curses under his breath "Shit." he says and he picks me up and puts me over his shoulder. I can see what we are running from now. Two people, one a man and one a woman, are chasing us. They are close and getting closer and closer.

Next thing I know there are metal things flying through the air. One nicks my arm and I scream out in pain. "Its okay sweetie, everything is going to be okay. I love you sweetie, don't ever forget that." He says. He keeps on running and the metal things keep on flying through the air. Daddy speeds up and looses the two people following and he puts me down and tells me to start running. I listen and a minute or two later he follows, we are fast, faster than the people behind us, but not as fast as the metal things. I hear a moan and turn around. One of the metal things hit Daddy in the chest. "Run Blight, run..." he says. His eyes find mine and I can see the determination within my dad's eyes. I nod and do what he says. I run.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Something is shaking me, hard. I scream, jolting up.

"Blight, its me."

I look up and my eyes meet the person in front of me. Black. I let my head rest against the set taking deep breaths hoping to calm my hear.

Blacks car is pulled over on the road, its sunset now and I let out a sigh of relief "S-sorry." I said.

"Hey its ok. What happened?"

"Nightmare, lets just say it was about my dad..."

"Oh. Do you wanna talk about it."

I just glare at him. He shrugs and takes the car back onto the road looking over at me occasionally. I just look at the road.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Darkness has taken over the valley we are driving in now. I see something along the side of the road moving. Its about a few hundred feet away. "Black do you see that?" I ask.

"See what?"

"The movement along the side of the road up there."

"No, you must be seeing things."

I continue watching. We are almost to where it is when a figure walks out onto the road and stops. "STOP THE CAR!" I scream almost to late. Black steps on the brakes and my face smashes into the windshield. Guess I should have worn my seat belt. I feel my nose. Its bloody and broken. "Shit." I say. Black reaches over and puts his hand on my nose. "What the hell are you doi..." I feel a tingle in my nose. When he pulls his hand away I reach up and touch my nose. Its healed. I look in the rear view mirror, it looks normal. I look at Black and he just shrugs.

Black gets out of the car and goes over to the guy he almost hit and I follow. The guy seems fine and unharmed. I look at him quickly. He has dark brown, almost black hair, blue eyes, a triangular jawline, and has a lot of stubble growing on it. He is wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and leather jacket. I can feel him looking at me, observing me. I look at him. He smirks with both his mouth and his eyes.

"Are you ok?" Black asks him.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." the guy replies.

"What were you doing out on the road?"

"Trying to get to my house."

"Ok... Why were you in the woods though?"

"I was looking for someone."

"Oh. Did you find them?"

The guy looks over at me, Black does not notice though. "Yeah." he says with a sly grin on his face. Well this just got really uncomfortable. I just back into the woods slowly.

"Where are you going?" Black asks.

"For a walk. I wont be gone long." I say and I throw him his hoodie.

"Uh ok. I'll just be here. Don't ditch me."

"Don't worry, I wont." I lie. Then I realize I left my purse, my favorite one, in his car. Shit, now I have to come back. I walk into the woods and breath in the smell of fresh pine needles and dirt. It smells amazing. I feel so free here, there is so much space. I stretch out my cramped wings. It feels so good to be able to move them again. I look around the forest and see the raspberries. My stomach growls on cue, a few should not hurt. I pick them off of the bush and eat a few. "Mmm..." They are so sweet so perfect. Its been forever since I have had raspberries.

"Good huh?" a voice says from behind me. I jump.

"Come on say something." he says.

I just stay silent.

"Say something." I stay silent and hear the chirping of the crickets.

"Not one to follow orders huh? Nice." I walk backwards, deeper into the shadows. He follows. "I'm Ozi." he says. I continue to back up until I hit a large pine tree. "Come on, Blight, say something." My eyes get wide, a look of shock appearing all over my face. How does he know my name. I back up more until I hit the tree.

"H-how, do you know my name." I say.

Ozi presses up against me. I can feel his six pack on my stomach. This is really uncomfortable. "I know everything about you little demon angel." he says. Once again a look of shock appears on my face. Stalker much? He starts to lean in and pucker up. Ok this is going WAY to far. I knee his nuts. He falls over and groans in pain. I unfold my wings and bolt into the air.

"YOU CANT RUN AWAY FROM FATE BLIGHT!" Ozi screams at me and then he starts madly laughing. What the fuck is wrong with this dude. I fly as fast as I can and don't stop and descend until I reach Black and his shitty car.

"Get in and drive NOW." I say.

He just looks at me, confused. "Ok." he says and then obeys. We sit in silence until we get to my parents castle.