"Chapter Two"

Next morning...

I had tried to stay awake, I stayed up doing all my research. I heard a bang on the locker that woke me up.

"Someone's stayed up, Skull." That guy from yesterday said.

"Yeah, you never got to do what we said yesterday!"

"Can it, bulk and skull." Kim said as she held onto her stuff. 

Then the scrawny bully then approached her with a smile.

"Hey—"

But immediately I purposely thrown some punches and kicks in the air, taunting and threatening the two. With me threatening them, they got scared.

"Let's just scram!" The scrawny boy spoke as him and the guy ran off.

Kim smiled.

"Thanks,"

"Thanks as well for back there." I replied as she nodded.

"Just ignore them."

Tommy walked past and put his arm around Kim.

"Hey, Kim." He greets with a warm smile then looked at me, "Oh hey, Violet."

"Tommy you missed it, she scared Bulk and Skull off with her moves." Kim said excitedly.

Tommy's eyebrow raised.

"Oh? Show me what you got."

I awkwardly flustered.

"Maybe at the youth center later?"

Billy, Trini, and Jason also approached. I tried to stay awake, but I kept nodding off.

"Hey, you okay?" Jason asked me.

"Yeah... why?"

"Class is about to start. Which classes you have?"

I looked at my schedule and then gave it to Jason whom checked and smiled.

"Looks like you have all the classes with us."

I smiled in response. That was the plan. To spend more time with them. And I know Mother's probably gonna send putty patrol or others as a distraction since she's impatient. I followed beside Jason and his friends to the first class.

Later, at the youth center

Per usual, I worked behind the counter as the power rangers did their normal activities. Jason did overhear from Tommy about this morning and had really wanted me on the mat and show him. But after that mistake I can't let them see how I fight especially since I'm the mystery silver ranger. I had tried to hum and watch the rangers. Jason was busy teaching kids karate and I would sometimes watch and admire from afar. Mother would most definitely kill me for having feelings for the red Ranger.

How can I make them show their weakness? I know Mother's watching like a hawk. I thought.

The guilt and regret is still eating me alive. I really want to be part of their team instead. But...

"Hey, I need a milkshake over here!" A random teen called as I snapped back to reality and worked on making a milkshake.

While making and giving other orders, Jason had finished and they were definitely discussing about me and yesterday.

"We have to find the item of darkness and break her curse."

"Yeah she did fight really good." Billy replied.

I felt flattered at that. But the only thing is I want to tell them: I'm not cursed. I'm a puppet at best. If I fail, Mother would discard me in space. I would then make their order as well. They would stop talking about it.

"You okay, Violet? You look down." Jason took concern.

"Oh me? I'm fine!" I faked a smile.

Then when I looked at Jason. I began to notice something... the way he was like Tommy with Kim when they first met. I shook my head. No. He wouldn't like someone like me. I'm a humanoid puppet.

"Are you sure?" Trini asked in concern.

I nodded. You know what? I'll give cryptic hints. I looked at each and one of them. I only know them for a day... it would be risky.

"...actually no. My Mom is... rough on me." I'll just put it as that.

"She hurts you?" Trini said in concern.

I shook my head.

"Verbally and mentally. She wants me to be some perfect image."

I felt a pat on my back and it was Jason. Tommy had move his arm around Kim so she and the group can hug me. I never felt a hug before... it felt... nice.

I heard my bracelet go off and it was something Mother gave to me last night as a way to signal she had sent her monsters out.

"What's that noise?"

I ignored it. And then I heard their watches all go off. They also collectively leave to go morph while I do the same.