"Chapter Eight"

Jason took me home hours ago, the smile didn't leave my face. All my concerns and paranoia were as if been gone. I feel like I'm cloud 9.

"Someone's in a good mood." Kim spoke as I was laying in my bed.

I sat up.

"Well..."

But Mr. Hart comes up. I know I still call him that but honestly it's gonna take time to get used to calling someone a "Dad," because 1.) Rita didn't have that bond only as creator/subject bond. 2.) I am not sure if my DNA has Zedd or some other male that my mother knows. What I am sure of is that it's none of the henchmen.

"Violet?"

Kim looked at her Dad. I looked at her nervously.

"Yes?"

"We need to talk."

"Do I need to be part of this?" Kim asked, grabbing my hand as if she's trying to back me up.

He shook his head.

"No I only need Violet. You're fine, sweetie." Mr. Hart reassured.

"Okay..." Kim said concerned as she got up and left my room.

"Violet, honey..."

"Just Violet." I said defensively and catching myself "sorry, I'm not used to being called honey... and stuff." I admit.

Mr. Hart nodded.

"I understand that but I want to talk about earlier."

Earlier...?

"It was on the news that you were attacked by Rita's putties. Are you hurt?"

I'm still in pain — but honestly I haven't felt it since earlier...

"I'm fine... for right now." I admit.

He sighed.

"That cursed Rita. I was glad the Rangers saved and protected you. I wonder—" he stopped himself.

Oh god please don't tell me— where is Kim?! I don't want her dad to know because then he'll find out Kim is also the pink ranger!!

"Wonder what?" I asked nervously.

"Where was that new ranger?"

Okay... phew.

"But never mind that, since I care about you, I have a curfew set for right now."

Curfew?!

"Curfew?!"

He nods.

"I only let this one slide because you were with Jason and I trust him and the others."

Then he thought for a moment.

"But from the look of things earlier, you two are dating?"

I blushed some. Kim then squealed and her Dad turned around.

"Kimberly." He said her name.

"Dad! I only caught the end!" She said holding her hands up showing her innocence.

I couldn't help to laugh some.

"But answer your question: yes. Jason and I are a couple." I admit.

Mr. Hart then smiled.

"I'm glad as long he makes you happy. But if he hurts you—"

"Dad—" I blurt out.

Dad then teared up as if he heard a first word. He pulled me into a hug.