"Chapter Three"

Another defeat. But before they can try to find my identity, I fled and demorphed somewhere secluded. I know with the defeats, Mother is more angry and disappointed. She probably isn't pleased for me to somewhat bring her up. I don't blame her if she wants to discard me. I'm suppose to be evil, I'm suppose to conquer earth. I'm—

"Violet?" A voice called out.

I didn't respond, ignoring them. I hate having to cry and show emotion. I don't want anyone to see me weak and vulnerable.

"Violet, it's me. Jason." Jason spoke softly.

Jason? Now I'm more terrified. I scoot away out of fear.

"Whoa hey easy." Another voice mentioned.

I looked up for a moment to see Jason and the rangers. They're all demorphed.

"What are you doing here?"

"We were just having a picnic." Kim lied.

"But we overheard some crying and went to investigate." Zack replied.

I didn't say anything, I can see it all in their eyes.

"Is it your Mom again?" Jason asked in concern.

I nodded. I need to continue playing along. Play as some innocent damsel in distress.  They all felt sad.

"Have you told her?" Billy asked.

I shook my head.

"It doesn't work that way: she's very stubborn and would do anything to get what she wants." I explained.

They nodded.

"Well care to join us? Maybe it'll cheer you up." Jason offered with a smile.

After everything: they're still nice and offering me to join them for picnic? I look at them with hesitation.  I know I said I need to play along but I just can't help to feel guilty for everything. But I know that if I betrayed my Mother and told them the truth and that I am the silver ranger: I would lose my purpose as her puppet and she would discard me like the monsters she create to try defeat them.

"Violet?"

"I... I'm sorry." I said fleeing the scene.

"Wait!" Jason called out.

But it's too late, I'm running quick to "home,"

Later...

I had sat in my room. Mother figured to use the "monster," that would play as my fake Mom so it's basically i'm left alone. But I know my real Mother would be watching and I can't see her when I'm most vulnerable. I'm hugging a pillow while I'm trying to do homework still. I had been made to be smart and intelligent like her so all these subjects for this school was a breeze.  I had the radio going and heard them talk about the rangers. A lot of them gloat about the rangers.

And I don't blame them. All of them are good fighters and good people. Although I do find Jason cute but that's it. I know if I had feelings: it would make things even more complicated and Mother very angry if she found out. I heard a ring from my phone that I had got when I arrived here. When I checked the number, it was Jason. My hands were shaking when I saw Jason's name. I hit decline and put phone down, only to hear; "Hello? Violet? Are you there?"

Dang it, I hit accept by accident. I quickly grabbed it.

"Hey..." I weakly said.

"Hey, why did you run off earlier? Are you okay?"

I sighed. Another clue to leave and let him and hopefully get the message.

"...Jason. Can I ask you something?"