"Chapter Seventeen"

The head pounding and dizziness was still killing me.

"Violet!!" Kim's dad cried as he charged at me to hug.

Despite feeling half tired and weak— I had to play along with the story Kim used.

"Are you okay? Did your evil mother do this?" He asked all at once.

"Dad." Kim spoke.

I passed him the letter. The letter I just wrote to explain while Kim can take me back to my room. I think it read:

Dear Mr. Hart (Dad).

I really can't explain since I'm so weak and only had the energy to write this down. I had been captured by my wicked mother. And the reason you not the others couldn't find me is because where I was... isn't on the map and moved around a lot. Escaping was so risky thus why I stuck around hoping to get out of it. And I'm grateful for the rangers to rescue me. I would try to answer what I can but I need a lot of rest and recover.

Sincerely,
Violet

"Violet..." I heard him say my name almost in tears.

"I'm sorry..."

"No need to be sorry! That woman should be in jail!"

Kim and I looked at each other for a moment.

"You said it, Dad!" Kim said as I yawned.

Kim's dad immediately then understood and allowed me back to my room. I saw a teddy bear on the bed...
I don't remember this.

"It was something Jason left for you. While out patrolling and trying to get you back, he'd come with gifts for not only for you but for Dad." Kim explained in a soft tone.

I felt warm hearing her say that.

"Kim... if he comes over... tell him I'm sorry and I can't just see anyone at the moment I need a lot of rest."

Kim nodded.

"I'll tell him."

I smiled before she left me alone. Soon I lie down, I looked at the bear. I know Zedd and Rita are NOT gonna be happy and going to try to get me back in their control. But honestly? Even while I was evil, I knew I couldn't compare.

Although I was aware of everything... but the other half I felt like I blacked out soon as Zedd returned. I looked at my hands once more. I'm still surprised the antidote worked. Though I don't know if it's permanent or it's temporarily before I slip back into being evil.

I do feel hate... but towards myself. I should've told the rangers. I shouldn't—

"Violet? You up?" A voice said softly coming from my door.

I sat up.

"Yeah, come in."

The door opens to Jason, holding roses. I thought I told Kim to tell Jason I don't want any visitors right now?

"Oh... hey." I said awkwardly with a stretch.

"Hey. How are you feeling? Sorry to intrude, I had to convince Kim and Mr. Hart to let me have a few minutes."

That explains it. I faintly smiled.

"I feel like I've ran a marathon." I admitted.

Jason chuckled. He walked towards me.

"Jason..." I said his name, flinching.

"What's wrong?"

"...I'm sorry for what I did to you." I said with a frown.