"Chapter Eighteen"

Violet

I woke up in the middle of the night. I kept having nightmares about everything. I sat at my desk, half asleep as I'm scribbling. I have a feeling that they don't know yet. They probably don't know that Finster is back on his planet (but he will still help me and the rangers if needed), that their little "girl," isn't evil.

I know I said I'm changing but I can't help to feel angry at myself still. I should've told them. Had I told them I would've still be at the center while they're trying to work the antidote or ways to turn me back.

I still don't understand that if I'm remembering these things — why do I feel like I blacked out and don't remember at the same time? Maybe it's the effects of the antidote? I get up for a moment and collapse back into my bed and held onto the teddy bear. It reminds me of Jason: it's soft and comforting. I heard my door open just a crack and I immediately bolt up, my fight or flight instincts kicked in.

"It's me..." Jason's voice whispered.

I quietly breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry thought you were... you know." I whispered back.

I head to my lamp and have it dimly lit and saw Jason in his gym clothes.

"Can't sleep?" I whispered as he nodded.

"I can't stop thinking about what you said."

So I guess I'm not alone about the whole "war," thing. I sat on my bed and he sat next to me and grabs my hand. Even if it's just the silence: it's still comforting. I looked at him, thinking, You're not only doing this for him and your friends, but for yourself.

"You know... that teddy bear." He whispered as he grabbed the bear.

I looked at him, silent.

"On my way back after dropping you off, I figured to go shopping with my Dad and saw it and just knew it was a perfect gift to give..." He said softly.

I stared at Jason with a small smile, but fading.

"I'm sorry..." I apologized.

Jason turned his head towards me after staring at the bear for a moment.

"What for?" He asked.

"For everything... putting you in the dimension—"

Jason immediately looked at me with concern, his lower lip slightly puckered.

"You don't need to apologize. You weren't in the right mindset." He quickly responded.

I quietly sighed. Jason pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder. Immediately it felt as if all my worries went away.

"Don't fall asleep on me now." He joked as I quietly laughed.

I yawned, feeling tired.

"Too late..." I said as he chuckled before kissing my forehead and leaving my room.

Next morning...