Chapter 1

There are two kingdoms, ruled by two princes. One kingdom, full of life and harmony, the other, full of suffering and pain. One prince, kind and sympathetic, the other, hateful and merciless.

   They had been at war for centuries. Almost as long as the princes seemed to be alive. Some battles were light, others held great destruction.

   Speaking of destruction, there also seemed to be a great beast, who loved to wreak havoc on the Kingdom of light. However, that was decades before. Still, everyone will always remember the fear and terror of those days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHHH!!!

   Smoke could be smelt all throughout the small hut, as the small ‘skeleton’ ran trying to find a way to put out the fire. He finally found the potion he needed to put the fire out. He splashed the potion onto the messed-up spell, putting it out.

   Ink breathed heavily. "Finally, I got that under control!", Ink started to walk toward the living room and sat down on his couch. 'I feel like I'm forgetting something…', Ink suddenly jumped and started running to his room. Opening the door, he ran in and grabbed a letter from his desk.

   Dream, one of Ink’s best friends, barely wrote to him as he was mostly busy running the kingdom. However, they did enjoy writing to each other when the opportunity came. Dream had just written to him a day ago, and Ink was excited to read his letter. He didn’t get to read it sooner since he was busy learning new spells.

   He sat down on his bed and opened the letter:

   'Dear Ink
I wanted to talk about something greatly important. I need you to come to the castle soon(if you agree of course!), please message me back as soon as possible to get things ready for you.
Sincerely Dream'

   Ink put down the letter in surprise. He'd been to the castle before of course, though he didn't go often. The fact Dream wanted to talk at the castle made him feel nervous more than anything. He wondered what Dream wanted to talk about, instead of writing to him.

  Suddenly he heard a loud thud.

¨…¨

¨SPLOTCHES!¨

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Ink was exhausted, Splotches was such a struggle sometimes. Oh well! Not like anyone told him to keep the hydra he found one day. In fact, no one even knew he found her.

   Ink had put Splotches to sleep to calm her down. She was trying to reach his ingredients he left on the counter. A hydra with them would always be a problem.

   Ink was now laying down on his bed, trying to rest. He was thinking about Dream’s letter. He was planning on writing him back in the morning. However he was bored, so he decided to get up in the middle of the night to write him back.

   ´To Dream,
Hey Dream! Been a while since you last wrote to me, hasn't it? Anyway, I'd love to come. See you soon!
-Ink´

He put the letter down on his desk. If he wasn't tired before, he certainly was now. He made way to his bed for the second time, but this time he actually got comfortable and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, this is actually my first story so it might not make sense or it might be bad. Tell me what you think!