Chapter 3

Ink had just gotten home from Dream's castle. After hanging out with Dream(and his macaw phoenix hybrid) and Blue at a sleepover, he headed home.

   He moved towards his room and opened the door. Hearing chirp-like noises, he turned around to be thrown on the ground by a small hydra. Ink smiles at Splotches.

   "Hey Splotches! Miss me?", Ink exclaimed. Ink picked up the tiny one and connected his forehead with their middle head. Splotches' other two heads started to beg for attention too.

   Ink then went to his kitchen to get Splotches their food.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   While eating, Ink remembered the offer Dream made. He worried about going to the forest. He had heard(and seen) many stories about the creatures that reside there.

   While they don’t scare him perse, he worries about Splotches.

   The young hydra could be energetic( he’s going to pretend he didn’t hear the voice in his head telling him that he’s the same). They could not be left by themselves. It wasn't like Ink could just buy a pet sitter! No one in the village(let alone the kingdom) knows he kept them(he doesn’t think anyone would help even if they did know).

He doesn’t see himself being worthy of going anyway.

He knows he’s too distracted to do many of his usual chores, let alone retrieve an artifact in the middle of a(very pretty and colorful!) forest! He’s surprised that Dream even thought about asking him, of course, he’s grateful for the offer. But will he actually be any good?

Then again, the only reason he got so distracted was because the original task was boring.

He got up, he needed the air. Besides, he needed to refill on his emotion spells.

Walking out of his hut, with Splotches on his shoulders, he made his way toward the small pond in his backyard.

Standing in front of the pond, he slid his hand's through his robe for his vials. He pulled them out and filled them with each of their respective colors, his eye lights off the entire time. He drank a bit from each one and placed them back where they previously were hidden. His eyes flashed back to life as he stepped back.

He turned and walked away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing a bit of cleaning(something he didn’t do often), he went to go sit down and draw. As he sat and reached for his Sketchbook, Splotches jumped on top of him and curled up on his lap. Ink, having tried to fight off Splotches many times before, let her rest there and gave up on drawing tonight.

Instead, he looked up at his ceiling.

He stared at all the landscapes he painted on his ceiling, each resembling the settings he had seen when he was still alone. While it was hard to live like that, he did enjoy it somewhat.

In his village, everything was calmer. But it was boring and uneventful. After all, he did miss having fun in forests.

Guess he should write to Dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!!!