Chapter 6

Ink was very bored.

The only exciting thing in his whole day was the unicorns and the dragon! And even that was short-lived. Splotches was still sleeping, despite the whole fiasco that happened a few hours ago. It was almost sundown too.

Ink shoved another leaf out of the way and stilled.

Beyond the trees was a beautiful lake.

He walked closer, literally starry-eyed.

The lake had calm dark waters, and the sand around it seemed untouched. The night sky looked as clear as the lake. He could see large mountains in the distance, the same distance he has to travel. He could feel the sand beneath his feet.

He felt a twitch in his hand to capture the landscape.

He grabbed his satchel and gently pulled out a large tent, avoiding awakening Splotches, and placed it down. Placing the satchel down, he got to work on building the tent, and placing Splotches and the satchel inside.

When he finally finished, he sat in front of the water. Sketchbook in hand, he moved his pencil across the page. With just his pencil, he captured the essence of the lake, he hasn't even added color yet!

As he was reaching for his paints he heard movement from the forest. He looked over, one eye light an exclamation mark and the other a crosshair.

When--what looked like a hunter-- came out they both froze. The hunter looked shocked, and Ink was himself.  After looking at the other, Ink noticed what seemed to be bone marrow on him. Ink tilted his head, and his eye light which used to be a crosshair turned into a question mark.

The hunter pulled out twin daggers and stood in a fighting stance.

"Who are you!?"

Ink did the first thing he could think of:

He fled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He dashed through the trees, as if he’s been in this situation before. (He has, but now wasn’t the time to talk about it.)

After a few minutes, he finally heard something moving toward him. So, naturally, he picked up the pace.

"Hey! Get back here!", a voice yelled. He tried to grab something from his satchel, only to realize that he’d left it at the lake. He cursed himself mentally.

Then suddenly he stopped.

What was he doing again? And where was he? Where was Splotches?

He turned around to go in the direction he came from.

A figure ran into him. At full force.

They both fell down with a yell.

"Owww!"

He felt a dagger up his scarf.

"Who are you!?", the skeleton repeated at him.

Rude.

"Heya pal! My name is Ink! Mind getting off?"

"Yes"

So, that didn’t work.

He chooses violence.

He kicked the hunter.

The hunter, not expecting the kick, flew onto the ground next to him. He slowly rose up, and brushed some dirt off his robe. He heard a groan of pain. He looked at the hunter expectantly.