Chapter 5

Ink was excited.

Well, that was an understatement.

As soon as he arrived home, he started to run around happily--which caused Splotches to knock him down because they thought it was a game of chase.

He was going to the FireStone Forest! Not just that, he was going alone(except for Splotches but nobody needed to know)!

Ink decided that waiting for the morning was dull and went to pack early. He placed the feather that Dream gave him on his desk. Splotches floated up and sniffed the feather in curiosity. The feather glowed a yellow and orange hue which caused Splotches to jump back. He caught them in his arms and placed them on their hammock.

Ink started to grab items he found necessary for his trip.

His art supplies were some of them. He also included his healing herbs, a first aid kit in case of an emergency, and snacks for Splotches and himself(it wasn’t like he needed to eat but he found it part of his daily life anyway). He also grabbed several things that would be needed for his basic needs.

He bent down to grab a unique satchel under his bed and Broomie from the side of his bed.

Broomie was his best friend for most of his life and a paintbrush. The bag itself was created by himself back when he was peripatetic. He learned and added a spell to the satchel, a spell that makes the space in the satchel endless. It helped a lot in his travels(especially when he had a hobby of collecting things he found pretty. Which, unsurprisingly, is an extensive collection).

He started to carefully place all objects into the bag. He looked over to his nightstand and froze.

His mask was placed with their photo together. They seemed so happy in the picture. He missed him.

He slowly walked over to the photo and mask.

He held the photograph in his hands and smiled endearingly with tears in his eyes.

"I promise to make you proud."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for taking the time to take me to the FireStone Forest Blue!"

Ink was currently on the back of ThunderStorm, Blue’s blue roan Percheron Pegasus. He had led Blue into multiple battles with victory. To say the equine was big was an understatement, he was massive. This allowed for a threatening aura in battle. However, Ink could tell that Blue truly cared about his pegasus.

The skeleton mentioned was currently leading them to the forest.

"Heh, it’s no problem Ink! If you don’t want me to come with you through the forest, then I shall take you to the area." Blue smiled and sped up his pegasus’ walk to a trot.

As they walked, the people of the village whispered and stared.

"It’s the captain of the royal guard with the sorcerer!"

"Look, it’s the pegasus ThunderStorm!"

"Where are they going?"

Blue was currently smiling and waving, and he was just hiding his blush in his scarf.

They soon reached a point beyond the village. He quickly saw the sign with the words ‘The FireStone Forest’. This was real, he was going.

He dismounted ThunderStorm after Blue. Blue turned around and seemed worried. "Stay out of chaos, okay?" Ink just stared at him with a deadpan look.