𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤. 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚

There was the light crash of waves beyond the walls of Fei'uey's home. She had been tracing lines and patterns into the floor, fingertips numb from use. In the quiet hours, when her siblings were out doing whatever, she had found inner peace.

Her designs, if one looked close enough, were the patterns of her and her family's skin. Every swirl and pattern was connected, interlinked. A bond unbroken.

Her efforts were backed by a strong motivation. The problem was, even if she tried to explain the lingering sense, her parents nor her siblings would ever understand.

Fei'uey stood from her work and dusted off her hands. She touched each finger to her thumb and shook the numbness off.

She dwelled next to the water, sticking her hand in the familiar substance and circling her hand around. Without her regular duties as the eldest daughter, life felt more empty than she had imagined.

It wasn't until she heard calls and saw foreign Ikran in the sky further away that she came to her senses. A horn was blown, the sign of newcomers.

Fei'uey rushed forward, through hundreds of little homes among their system of housing. The center, in front of her father's Marui. On the sand, they would land.

She pushed past awestruck people and ignored exclaims of shock. Not only would her father want her there, but she wanted to be one of the first ones to see such people. She needed the experience as the next chief.

It was a family, it had to have been. The way the youngest clung to her mother's leg and the eldest man, perhaps the father, stepped off first. What caught Fei'uey's eye first was their build.

They had a deeper blue skin tone, with leaner bodies, braids in a distinct style, and thinner tails. Another thing was their clothing, which consisted of other materials not from the sea. She glanced down at her own attire, dozens of shells and resources from the sea. When she looked back at their clothes, with narrowed brows, she felt a sudden curiosity.

Fei'uey saw her mother and father landing, front and center, to greet the strange people. Her mother just trailed behind her father. Beyond inspection, she could tell by the intense look on her face that she didn't trust the newcomers. The young girl scowled at the hostility. Even if it was her mother, she couldn't help but feel a distaste for her manner.

Sure, all she had learned was to trust Ronal in her judgment, but at some point, every Na'vi must make choices themselves and form their own mind. Fei'uey had begun to do it sooner than most.

Tonowari, her father, and the leader of the foreigners had begun speaking with a simple gesture of hello. It was then that Fei'uey had found her sister, Tsireya, next to their brother and his best friend. Before she could make her presence known, she had seen who she had locked eyes with.