𝙨𝙞𝙭. 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙

Since the party, an unspoken tension lingered between Neteyam and Fei'uey. Even if the girl didn't talk about it, he had a feeling she knew about it, too.

It was a reason that Neteyam was now following Fei'uey as she snuck toward the outskirts of the island, looking back every few seconds. It wasn't his fault that he was curious about what she was up to. It also wasn't his fault that she was being so suspicious.

He liked to think that he was looking out for her instead of taking any chance to see her again.

When he rounded a corner, he stopped. Fei was gone. Before he could turn around and look for her, he felt a knife pressed against his neck.

He could tell it was her. She had a distinguishable presence to Neteyam. He was sure that if he was blindfolded and she was around, he would be able to point her out. "What are you doing here?" Fei'uey griped.

He slowly moved to push her hand away, turning around to see the stern look on her face. "I, uh, I wanted to make sure you weren't doing anything bad."

She frowned, dropping her hand with the knife in it. "I don't need your protection."

"I'm a warrior."

"That is hard to believe." They stared at each other, neither daring to say another word or move another step. Neteyam could have continued looking into her eyes forever. He had realized as he looked closer that they were green with flecks of blue.

She broke the silence by sweeping his leg suddenly and straddling his body. He didn't have time to process until it was too late. He was now on the ground. She held her knife with both hands vertically above his face. "You should have known better than to follow me blindly!"

Neteyam could barely think. His mind was overstimulated in the captivity of her. Fei. Every part of her. He felt the skin of her thighs brushing his legs, knees next to his hips. Their proximity stole his breath. He had never been this close to her before. She had always managed to keep her distance until now.

His hands unconsciously lifted up to perch on her hips, but he stopped himself before he could touch her. Neteyam believed she was made of glass. His chest rose and fell rapidly. He could almost feel her breath fanning his face.

He couldn't tell if it was real or just his hope. "You're beautiful," he whispered.

Her ears twitched, expression falling for a second. Even if it was an instant, Neteyam caught it. He saw it with his own eyes. His feelings weren't just one sided anymore.

She stood up, to his disappointment, and held out her hand. He took it and pulled himself onto his feet. "Come."

When she started walking, he followed. Neteyam noticed Fei weaved her way through like she had done it for a long time. After barely a minute, they had come around to a clearing under trees he had never seen before. On the island, he had become used to the water around him.

Fei'uey sat down in the middle of it. She patted the sand in front of her. She wanted him to sit.

When he did, Neteyam took in the nature. There were rocks all around with the whistle of the wind in his ears. He looked back to Fei to find her already staring at him.

She took both of his hands into her own. For a moment, she looked hesitant. She shut her eyes. "The way of water connects us all."

He felt her lightly squeeze his hands.

"It has no beginning and no end."

He mimicked her, closing his eyes and imagining the water.

"The sea is around you. The sea is your home."

He felt her hands slide up his arms, resting them further up his forearm.

"Before your birth and after your death. Our hearts beat in the womb of our world."

When she paused her words, he peeked his eyes open.

She was staring at him. Her lips were parted. The words were unspoken, resting in her throat. Fei wasn't sure if she was ready to say them. Then, Neteyam held that expression on his face. He wanted it, too. She knew from that moment that it was the correct time.

"What is it I feel?" She whispered.

His breath hitched. "Nothing that is wrong,"

She pursed her lips and furrowed her brows. "My parents would be disappointed if they found out."

He chuckled and gave a lopsided smile. They had become close, enough that Fei could feel his erratic breaths across her face. "Then we won't let them know,"

He leaned in completely, raising his hand to pull her chin towards him and pressing their lips together. His traveled up to her cheek, while she placed her hands on his chest. 

The kiss was tender and sweet. Fei held her breath in shock. Kissing Neteyma felt like shattering a stone wall, breaking the barriers she had set for herself when they first met. 

When they parted, he had a light dust of blush on his cheeks. Fei couldn't contain the soft smile that stretched her lips. Neteyam looked back at them, reminiscing the way they touched his own.

It felt like the moment lasted forever. They were infinitely breathless. Neteyam lightly grasped her hand and led it up his bare chest. He placed it right over his heart and almost inaudibly whispered. "This is what you do to me, Fei. I am fascinated by you. My heart is yours,"

She inhaled sharply. The responsibility of his love weighed heavier than any other thing she had been burdened with. Now, she wanted to keep it. She would cherish it, even as a bodiless soul that belonged to Eywa. Neteyam's love was her present and her future. 

She held his hands out and recited something her father had always said to her mother. "My body and soul belong to you if you let me have yours."

Neteyam and Fei'uey were bonded emotionally. The words they had spoke were unbreakable, irreversible. Even if they hadn't connected their queues and mated, their mutual love was just as strong.

As Fei had said, her body and soul were now his. Neteyam's body and soul belonged to her.

The glass barrier had been shattered at the mercy of love.