𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤. 𝙖 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩

itty bitty chapter that's happier to make up for the intense stuff from before :)

Kiri's brows were drawn together in worry. "I mean, did you see the way Ronal and Tonowari looked when they found Fei? It was terrifying." She shuddered at the memory.

"No, Kiri," Aonung sighed. "We didn't see their faces. We were further away. You and Tuk saw it."

"I know," she sighed, pacing around the room. "But- I mean, I dunno-"

Tuk ran into the Marui, panting with wide eyes. "Fei mated with Neteyam!" She shouted.

The room was dead silent. Nobody even breathed. Kiri put her face in her hands and grumbled at their stupidity. Tsireya and Lo'ak shared a look. Aonung, however, looked pissed. Rotxo nudged his shoulder. 

"That's why my parents are there too," Lo'ak breathed out.

To be fair, majority of them had a hunch that some unspoken thing had been going on between them. However, none except Kiri knew it truly had been spoken, and even she didn't know they had went that far. 

"Oh, fuck," she whispered into her hands. "Fuck, fuck, fucking shit," She paced around some more.

Aonung got up and walked toward Tuk. "Tell us everything,"

The young girl fiddled with her hands. "Well, first, they found out Fei and Neteyam were seeing each other around the time we first came here! And then your mom told them that they couldn't see each other anymore, and she was like, 'I'm gonna set you up with another boy and you will mate tomorrow!' And then they didn't even have to say anything for them to realize that they already mated! And I left when your mom started yelling at Fei!"

Kiri had been down to biting her nails. She paced quicker now. 

"They'll probably have his head," Lo'ak muttered, sighing heavily.

His older sister rolled her eyes. "Dad won't let that happen, stupid. And mom would skin them if they touched Neteyam. Think logically, Skxawng."

Aonung had still been quiet the whole time. "She lied to me," he interrupted. "I asked Fei if anything had been going on between them and she said there was nothing, but there had to be something at the time,"

"Oh, Eywa, give me strength," Kiri mumbled up to the sky, resisting the urge to roll her eyes every time someone spoke. She looked back at the boy. "She obviously had to lie. Fei was protecting the both of them, they didn't want anyone to know!"

"Did you know?" Tsireya asked the girl immediately.

Kiri grumbled, crossing her arms and scowling. "They didn't want me to know, but I figured it out on my own. 'Cause, you know, I'm actually smart."

The rest of the group was silenced. They had all been trying to process the sudden ball drop of Fei and Neteyam mated together as a pair.

The girl furrowed her brows. "Wait, you guys... didn't know?"

Lo'ak shrugged. "We had hunches, skxawng."

"No, you, skxawng." Kiri pointed at him, then address all of them, grinning wildly at their humiliation. "Oh, you guys are so blind! Are you kidding me?" She laughed out loud.

Voices arose. Protests were heard from every one of them. They didn't want to feel stupid as all of them thought back to the interactions the couple had in front of them. Of course it was clear, they hadn't been slick at all when covering things up.

"Let it go, Kiri," Tuk tried to stop her.

She only laughed harder, wiping a tear from her eye and covering her smile with her hand.