𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙧

Fei treaded water for what felt like forever. She floated, feeling the waves crash into her and pull her around. She closed her eyes, basking in the sun.

Alat was dead. Tsireya, Tuk, and Lo'ak were captured, cuffed to the rail and under the gun of a madman. She drew in shaky breaths and glanced around, waiting for the next attack. 

A splash made her whip around, expecting to find one of the Sky People attacking her. Instead, Neteyam smiled. "My love, you're safe,"

She gasped and swam toward him, eyes watering. "Oh, Neteyam," she whispered.

He grabbed her hips through the water and pulled her up on his Ilu in front of his body, settling her before him. He brought his hands up to wipe the tears from her cheeks. "Fei, what happened? What's wrong?"

She sniffled and looked back at the large ship. "They-" she choked. "They had Tsireya and Tuk and Lo'ak, their hands are tied around the rail. And- And Alat, he's- they shot him, in front of my eyes!" She wailed once. 

He brushed the hair out of her face and shushed her softly. "It's okay, my love," he took her hand in his. "But I know you, Fei. That is not the whole problem."

She nodded and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. "I was sure that my dream had been true until I saw Alat die in front of me," she whispered. "Neteyam, what if I'm wrong? What if my entire dream is wrong?"

He stroked her cheek and sighed. "You must listen to your heart. Fight from instinct. Don't rely on what you think you know,"

Fei nodded. She was still clearly recovering, fear flowing through her veins like blood.

"I need you to fight now," he demanded softly. "We need to save them, and I need you to fight now, my love. Strong heart," he placed his hand over the beating organ.

"Strong heart," she repeated, covering his hand with her own. With deep breaths, the girl sighed and pursed her lips. "Okay," she grabbed the spear he kept tied to his Ilu which had been meant for her and nodded. 

They were going to save them. 

In the midst of other small attacks and little battles among the war, Fei and Neteyam had proven to be a greater pair in battle. He would surface his Ilu and allow her to attack, then she would drop back down and they would disappear in the water.

One of the boats were out in the middle, untouched. She motioned to swim to them. Neteyam sped up. In a great leap, Fei pushed off the back of the Ilu and leaped over. She landed and stabbed the men aboard.

Before they could fight back, she wiped them out and jumped onto the Ilu once again.

A flying Ikran dove down to get them, claws sharp and teeth baring. Fei pointed the tip of her spear up and pushed until it broke skin. The underbelly of the creature tore in a jagged line. It fell down into the water along with its rider.

Fei dipped the spear in the water, washing off the blood. A battle had never been so endless.

Neteyam glanced behind at the girl. She nodded, standing up, ready to take the risk. Just as he dove back into the water again, Fei leaped and landed on the main boat. She swung her spear around. She impaled mere humans, pushing them back and ululating.

She ran off the other edge over the rail and landed directly behind the boy on the Ilu. She gave a look behind her to Tsireya. They were coming back for the three.

When the coast was clear, Neteyam and Fei made their way onto the surface of the boat. 

"Neteyam! Fei!" Tuk shouted happily.

"Hey baby brother," he greeted, out of breath. He went to cut Tsireya out first. "Need some help?"

Fei looked around for any movement. She heard Tuk being freed when her ear twitched toward a shadow from the boat. She narrowed her eyes, gaze hardening at the faint outline of a demon blooded Na'vi.

The man ran forward, gun pointed and ready to fire. Fei jumped forward. She thrust her spear forward, but he dodged. For an instant, the barrel pointed at her. She pushed it out of the way and to the ground when he pulled the trigger, firing bullets. 

During his distraction by rage, she pulled back and drove the tip of the spear down his heart. Fei panted, skin hot from the sun and out of breath by her nerves. She pulled out the weapon and sneered at the blood. "Sky People," she muttered. 

She turned back around. Neteyam stood there, distracted by her killing. She glanced at the gun in Lo'ak's hands and furrowed her brows. "What's going on?"

"We need to save Spider," he told her. 

"I'm coming with you." Fei declared, readying her spear.

"No, you can't," he refused. "Go with Tsireya and Tuk, get to safety."

"I can fight!" She yelled, pushing further. She didn't want to be useless in a time when she could save people. "Please,"

Neteyam grumbled and put his hands on her shoulders. "I won't ask again. Please,"

She bit her lip. "I'm a warrior, I am made to fight."

"You are my warrior," his hand went up to her cheek, thumb stroking it softly. "Strong heart." He placed his hand over her beating heart. "But I need you to be safe right now." He tapped his brother's shoulder as Tsireya pulled Fei's arm.

The girl reluctantly dove into the water along with the other two.

pls i'm so bad at fight scenes

also this is another short chapter bc idk what else to add