𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨

For Fei'uey, the next day had been a struggle.

When she fell asleep in her Marui, she dreamed of Neteyam's lips and the look in his eyes when he pledged himself to her. When she woke up, she unconsciously touched her own lips, a pang of disappointment running through her heart when she realized the moment had already ended.

Then, when she met with Tsireya to teach the foreigners more about the Metkayina way, Fei had been distracted. When she had been caught by the younger girl, that was when she knew she had to block it out.

At least, until the two could be alone again.

Fei neared Kiri and watched as the fish swarmed around her feet in the water. The phenomenon piqued her interest. "Kiri, do you know why they do that?"

She turned her head and snapped back into reality. "Huh? Oh, the fish." She swung her weightless water and giggled. "I don't know. Animals have always done this around me. Dad likes to say it's a gift."

Fei'uey smiled awkwardly, but still kept her confusion. "I've never seen that happen before in any Na'vi."

"Then I must be really special." She dipped her hand in. Some of the fish followed the movement. A phenomenon indeed.

A distant splash reminded Fei. "Kiri, you must come. We are riding Ilu out to the reef."

She bit her lip. "If I go, will you teach me about the creatures of the water?"

"Perhaps."

Kiri jumped up from the edge and smiled brightly. "What are you waiting for, let's go!" She grabbed Fei's hand and dragged her out to the water. Seeing the younger girl so excited made Fei'uey smile.

Once out in the water, Fei spotted Tsireya talking with Lo'ak. When her sister approached her, she had the instinct to nag her about entanglement with the troublemaker. She was about to open her mouth to tease her until she spotted Neteyam, who had just come out of his Marui with Tuk in tow.

She quickly shut her mouth and turned the other way. If she couldn't stop the heat of her cheeks, she would have to hide it.

Unfortunately, Tsireya had decided to tease her. "What, no scolding?"

"Not today, no." She refused to turn around and meet the gaze of Neteyam, which she felt on her back.

"Oh?" She chuckled. "What changed?"

"Um," She couldn't focus when she was this vulnerable. "I, um- I guess it doesn't really matter... or something. Not when you won't listen."

Fei felt like she had been blessed by Eywa when Tsireya decided to laugh and turn her attention elsewhere. She sighed and tossed her hair over her shoulder. For one day, she really wished she hadn't been grouped with Neteyam.