𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨

Fei wasn't sure how she managed to get away from her duties and earn free time, but she was grateful. Now, in the grove where they had first kissed, Neteyam was lying next to her as they stared at the sky.

"Do you know what is going on with Tsireya and Lo'ak?" Neteyam asked. His hand laid on stomach as the other held hers.

Fei laughed out loud, covering her mouth with her hand to stop her giggles. When she recovered, she answered his question. "Not at all."

"And now that you have experienced the love for a son of Toruk Makto, you are comfortable with them together?"

"Love is a strong word." She teased. He shot up to look at her beside him, resting his body weight on his elbows. He gave her an overexaggerated shocked expression.

She chuckled at his face and concealed a smile. "I'm kidding," she affirmed.

He sighed and gave her a coy smile. "I know," He moved his torso over hers, sliding his hand up to the back of her neck and pulling her lips in for a blazing kiss. She giggled into his lips and slid her hand up and down his chest.

She felt him shudder. And for some reason, she found it hilarious. Fei giggled against his lips and pulled away when she started laughing out loud.

"What?" Neteyam couldn't help the smile that made its way onto his face. Her laugh was contagious. "What's so funny?"

Fei stifled a laugh and put on a horrible attempt at a straight face. "Nothing."

"Come on," he persisted. Putting a hand to her chin and pulling her face close, he asked again. "Tell me."

The proximity made her brain overload. She short-circuited. There was no way to say anything else anymore. "I just... feel so happy when I'm around you. Like nothing in the world matters anymore-"

"-And it's just you and me," he finished. She gave him a soft smile, biting her lip as a habit.

Even if she had started to get comfortable smiling at him, he still kept each and every one special in his heart. No matter how many times she would do it, it would always feel like the first time.

But when she bit her lip, he just wanted to do it for her.

As soon as she released her bottom lip from her teeth, he crashed his lips into hers and replaced it. She let out a muffled gasp. He sunk his teeth into the plump flesh, bringing her into his embrace and pulling her down to the ground with him.

Fei swung her legs over his hips and hovered her body over his. Neteyam's tail started curling around her leg, like an extra limb to feel more of her skin on his.

His mind, like an average teen boy, went haywire when he felt her bare inner thighs around his hips. It felt similar to when she had first been on top of him. Only, the two situations were under very different circumstances.

Now, he was sure she had done it on purpose.

He lightly groaned into her mouth. His hands went from her waist to just below her back. They were purposefully placed a little low to feel a hint of the flesh of her ass.

Fei held in a chuckle and continued to kiss him back. That is, until he got a little too cocky and attempted to trail his hands further down—to which she pulled back and snatched them away from getting directly on her ass. "Not too close, forest boy."

He pouted in disappointment. "Another time?"

"Maybe." He took that as a yes.

She lifted her body off of him and settled next to him, draping her arms around him as she tangled their legs. When they finally settled and got comfortable, it was Neteyam that first spoke. "When I first got here on my Ikran, what did you think when you saw me?"

She knew he was looking to boost his ego, so she decided to play along. "When I first saw you," she danced her fingers over his chest, grazing her knuckles along his bare skin. An idea came to mind. "I thought you were so hot. I thought I was going to melt. Then you looked at me and I thought I would faint,"

He smiled and found her words entertaining. "Go on," he beckoned.

She put a finger to her lips in thought. "And then, once I found out how stupid you were, I thought you were a moron."

He grimaced and groaned. "Go back to when you were complimenting me."

She laughed with him and settled to focus on tracing the stripes of his skin. It was silent for a few moments until her movements stopped. She pursed her lips in thought.

"What is it?" Neteyam noticed it immediately.

When she opened her mouth to speak, he could sense the hesitation. "Don't you think all this has moved so fast?"

He hummed. "What do you mean?"

She opted to draw patterns into his skin, the ones she had memorized from her Marui floor. "I just think that one day, I went from hating you to loving you."

"Well," Neteyam sighed, shifting his position to lay on his side and look at Fei in her eyes. "I think that this has happened for a reason. We are meant to be together." He twirled a lock of her hair in his fingers. "Eywa has led us down this path of love."

She looked into his eyes, wishing the sweet moment would never end. She would love him for the rest of her life, she was sure of it. "And I wouldn't change a thing." Fei whispered.

When Neteyam had leaned his head forward to kiss her, they heard distant voices from the water. Fei's ears twitched at the sound.

"We should probably go back," she sighed disappointedly. "We shouldn't give ourselves away too much."

Neteyam couldn't have agreed more, but it still made him sad. They had to keep this a secret from every person in their lives. For him, he had been itching to laugh in Lo'ak's face and tell him that he had the balls to kiss a girl before the younger boy.

It wasn't just that. Fei had been itching to proudly tell her mother that she had found love, but she knew how Ronal would react if she found out it was Jake Sully's eldest son and a boy mixed with demon blood.

Neteyam was the first to stand, holding out his hand for Fei'uey to grab and pull herself up. They made their way back to the rest of the village, holding hands up until there was the chance they could be seen.

As they neared the beach where the Marui were built, they had heard arguing. The distinct voices of Kiri, Lo'ak, Aonung, and Rotxo. It could only mean one thing by the tones of their voices.

A dispute had broken out.

i literally wrote a chapter and then i realized it had turned out way off than i had expected and planned, so i'll tweak it and put it later in the story. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS BY THE WAY, 30K IS INSANE, I READ ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS, THEY ARE HILARIOUS, MY NOTIFICATIONS ARE PLAGUED WITH YOU GUYS!!!! ILY ALL <3