𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

The first thing she saw was fire. It swirled and curled in on itself, floating up in the air. The fumes choked her, sending her into a coughing fit. Fei looked around and whimpered in confusion. Her home had been destroyed.

Out in the vast ocean was a sea of red. The blood of her brothers and sisters, their spirits never forgotten.

A voice called out from behind. "Mommy!" She shouted. Fei turned to find a young girl with deep blue skin and green eyes. "Mommy, what's wrong?" She asked. When the girl turned back around to look at the hell of her home, she found the water clear and pristine.

She furrowed her brows.

"Mommy, can you tell me what happened here?" The girl asked.

A series of images flashed through her head. Scenes played swiftly, yet she managed to catch them all. She saw an orange tracker. A dead Tulkun. A large ship. A gun pointed to the head of a child.

They went by quicker. 

A boy standing beside his brother, eyes intent on hers. A vision of her queue connecting with another's. Bioluminescent dots glowing in dark water. A mourning mother.

Rage flashed hot in her veins.

When she broke out of her trance, she walked past the child to look around. It had been her village, but something was different. Off. She looked down to find a tattoo over her heart and a round stomach.

"Is everything alright, Fei?" A deeper voice asked. She snapped around and saw an older man in front of her. He had the features of a forest dweller. He stepped closer and put a hand to her stomach. "Another one is coming. We promised ourselves to each other, my love."

She stepped away. "What?" She glanced around and breathed shakily. "No, what- what happened here?"

He reached out to grab her hand. When his skin touched hers, she was met with the face of a boy on the verge of death. His heart was wounded. It did not beat.

She pulled away and cradled her hand to her chest. This had become scarier than before.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He asked. "Sylwanin is scared, my love." He gestured to the little girl who had hugged his leg, looking up at her with big eyes.

"No," she refused, shaking her head and backing away. Another flash made her stumble.

It was her, but older. She was searching for revenge. Fei hadn't believed it was her until she saw the resemblance she had to her mother. 

The woman shouted something, but it had been muffled. Her tears glistened in the sun.

"No, no, no," she repeated. She had been shown nothing but pain in the future. Fei didn't want anything to do with it.

She ran away. She ran and ran, over and over, one foot before the other. She would run far away from this place to escape the darkness that lied ahead.

The ground swallowed her whole, leaving her with memories of the future and a fear beside her heart forever.

When she woke up, eyes wide in terror, she ran to her parents. "Momma! Papa!" She cried. They had tried to comfort her. "It was so scary! I saw people die! A Tulkun was murdered!" She sobbed.

"Fei," Tonowari comforted. "It was just a dream. The future is not shown to us by Eywa or else we would do everything to change it."

"You have to believe me!" She begged. She would plead and cry until she couldn't anymore, but they still had refused the obvious fact. "Please, Momma! I need you to trust me!"

The woman turned her head.

The first act of betrayal.

really shitty chapter, ik. and it's short, which sucks. i planned for it to be longer, but i thought not. anyways, quintuple update!!! i was laughing while reading your comments, they're so funny. interact more pls. love you <3