Prologue

The building was much higher than he'd imagined, it cut through the dull afternoon sky like a sword, the walls making up the building were made up entirely of glass and steel. The slight mirrored windows reflected the afternoon rays incredibly and if he'd only glanced at it a moment he'd have assumed it wasn't there at all.

The boy adjusted his hood as he stepped out of the sleek black vehicle, there was a high chance that someone on the busy streets would recognize him and he didn't want that to happen. It wasn't likely that someone would put two and two together to figure out what he was doing here but he didn't want to leave it to chance.

He crossed the wide sidewalk briskly, unsure what he was supposed to do exactly because his friend who usually worked these things out for him was on holiday.

He stalled a minute, taking in the bright studio logo present just above the door it looked heavy and would no doubt crush him if it detached from the wall.

He realized a few seconds later that if he idled too long he would attract some attention. The last thing he need was attention. So he headed inside the heavily air conditioned building without further delay.

"Ah, Mr. Hood." A tall man in a business suit greeted, sticking out his hand to the boy. The man's smile was tight and looked about as fake as his toupee.

"I'm Mr. Lannister, I'll be supervising your sessions. Welcome to EA Sports." He says, grasping the boy's hand firmly.

"Nice to meet you." Calum said, shaking Mr. Lannister's hand while trying not to crush this man's hand upon seeing the envy in Mr. Lannister's eyes.

Calum had to refrain from rolling his eyes, envy.... It was all he seemed to find these days. His soccer career was far more successful than he had imagined and he was young, there wasn't much else that people envied either than success and youth. And money obviously, which he had more than enough of.

"Will we be starting today?" Calum asked politely in an attempt to break the extremely intense eye contact that Mr. Lannister was maintaining.

"Today will mostly be a grand tour, Mr. Hood, but if everything goes smoothly you'll be able to meet your player creator in no time." Mr. Lannister checked his watch fleetingly before looking around at the employees going about their jobs inside the game studio.

He snagged one employee by the crook of their elbow and gave them a friendly smile, "Ah, Mr. Bend, is it? Would you be so kind as to show Mr. Hood around? When your finished be sure to drop him off in Character Design."

"But-" Mr. Bend begins but Mr. Lannister dismisses him quickly with a small shove.

"You can just drop me off at Character Design." Calum suggests once Mr. Lannister is out of earshot. Mr. Bend nods awkwardly, throwing Calum a nervous glance as he quickly lead the way.

Calum followed behind quietly, observing the layout of the building so he would know which way to go once he was allowed to leave.

Signing the contract with EA Sports wasn't exactly what Calum was thinking of doing when they came to him about being in the next FIFA game. Sure, it's everyone's dream to be in a video game but now that it's happening he's not so sure.

He's considered the MVP on his team but the gaming world might not like him as much as football fans and sports channels do.

"H-Here, Mr. Hood," The guy said, opening a door for him that was down a rather long hall.

Mr. Bend walked in after him. The room was very bleak, white walls with a large dark wood desk off centre and a sliding door in the opposite corner of the room.

"Strange, usually Hemmings is out here..." Mr. Bend says, a hint of distaste in his voice.

The panel slides open with a bang that startles both boys, Mr. Bend more than Calum. A tall tattooed man raises an eyebrow at the pair standing in the middle of the room.

"Can I help you Lads with anything?" He asks, a smirk appears on his face upon realizing Mr. Bend was present, the light coming through the window glints off the black ring he's got pierced through his lip.

"Hemmings, it's about time you showed up, you're job title is secretary, and you don't seem to be very informed on your job description." Mr. Bend replied, giving the blonde an extremely sour look.

"Whatever you say, mate." This Hemmings boy said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Anyway, I'm supposed to bring this guy here, to Character Design." Mr. Bend explained, obviously not wanting to say any longer.

"Well he's here, now what are you still doing here?" Hemmings said, a large frown appearing on his face as if he was puzzled by Mr. Bend's presence.

"Here you are, Mr. Hood. Have a nice day," Mr. Bend gave Calum a tight smile as he bid farewell.

As soon as the door was closed a large grin spread across Hemmings' face.

"I'm a huge fan, by the way. The name's Luke," He greeted, sticking out a hand with a large X tattooed on the back of it.

"Calum Hood," The tan boy introduced himself, shaking Luke's extended hand.

"I know," Luke said excited, a wide grin spread across his face. Realizing that he was kind of weirding Calum out, Luke continued, "I'm assuming you're here to get animated for the new FIFA game, since you're the MVP, you get the best of the best for character design."

Luke rambled on enthusiastically about how realistic the characters created by this designer were as he led Calum through the sliding panel. It was rather dark as they descended down some stairs, Calum was having trouble keeping up in the dark and the fact that Luke was dressed in all black didn't help.

Luke also had extremely broad shoulders so Calum hadn't realized they were coming to a stop until a voice like velvet spoke.

"You know Luke, you really need to hold back on the caffeine. You realized you forgot your coffee two minutes earlier than last time." The voice said and Calum had the urge to see this guy that spoke but Luke was tall and he didn't want to look like a fool when Luke moved, trying to peek over the other boy's shoulder like a three year old when told their not allowed to look.

"Thanks for reminding me but that's not why I'm here, you have a guest." Luke chuckled, moving to the side so that whoever could see him.

All Calum could see was a room filled with computer screens and several electronics to which Calum didn't know the name of.

Right in front of the majority of the computer screens sat a large comfy looking chair on wheels. The back of it was much too large for Calum to see who was seated there.

"I don't recall inviting someone over," the person said, frown evident in his voice.

"C'mon now, don't be so rude. This guy's a legend!" Luke whined, just as the person in the chair turned toward them.

"You're taller than I expected, but still not that tall."

A/N: New story :3 Hope you like it, tell me what you think so far x