07

"This is not a breakfast place." Calum snorted as Michael opened the door to small pub down the street from his work. Michael laughed and shoved the other boy through the open door.

"It's not even eight yet, are you serious?" Calum whispered as if the boy with the coloured hair was breaking the law after he ordered a can of beer for each of them. The worker didn't seem so phased when Michael had held up two fingers, he smiled and got to work without a word.

An ice cold beer was placed in front of each of us and Michael payed the guy with a smile, Michael didn't hesitate when he opened his beer. It looked like he was in his natural habitat, cold beer in hand, empty pub with the early morning sun peaking in through the window into the cozy pub. All that seemed to be missing was a smile.

"Do you do this often?" Calum asked, not sure if he was referring to the breakfast beer or watching the sunrise. He found both a little odd, Michael looked like he would do other things in his free time although Calum couldn't talk, he only had a few friends in the football community. Even though he was on a team and TV fantasizes the team's acting like family, Calum never quite fit into the so-called family, he managed to make more friends outside of the team than in it.

"Want to hear a joke?" Michael asked sometime later, looking out the window rather than at the person he was with. Calum didn't need to reply, he scoffed as if the question had an answer all along and it was pointless for Michael to even waste his breath on it.

"A priest, an Irishman, a Scotsman, a rabbi, and a blond walk into a bar. The bartender looks at the lot of them and asks, 'Is this some kind of joke?'"

Calum looked away, a short laugh falling from his lips as he shook his head. It amazes him what some people's definition of a good joke was sometimes.

A bell chimed and a blond walked into the bar, that made both Michael and Calum break out into wide smiles and look at each other before laughing unexpectedly. The blond sat down next to them with a grumble, "Good morning to you too."

Luke looked like he hadn't slept a wink, there wasn't that laid back attitude that Calum had come to accommodate with the blond.

Seeing Luke in a pissy mood only seemed to make Michael laugh even harder, he slapped his best friend on the back and made a comment about how much of a morning person Luke was. The tall blond was quick to order a beer too, once he'd settled down.

Calum decided-more like his stomach decided for him-he wanted one of the sandwiches that was boasted on the black chalkboard on the wall in front of him. So he called the worker over and asked for the one that sounded the best.

The three boys slipped into an easy conversation about the pros and cons of being a famous football player, obviously Calum was more or less just setting the other two straight whenever they argued whether or not something was a pro or con.

Calum's phone went off unexpectedly and Michael raised an eyebrow at the contact name but didn't say anything when Calum mumbled that he needed to take the call.

He accepted the call and the first thing he heard was a giggle, and a smile lit up his face instantaneously.

"No, no. Turn left here." The person on the other line laughed, obviously not expecting Calum to pick up then.

"Hey," Calum smiled even though the person he was talking to couldn't see him.

"Hey, where are you?" Ashton asked, always one to get straight to the point.

Calum chuckled, "California, remember?"

"No, I mean where are you, where are you?" Ashton asked as if Calum was missing something important. Nothing clicked though and a silence dragged out to the point where Ashton let out an audible sigh. "I'm at EA Sports right now, I wanted to surprise you but you're taking forever."

Calum snorted, "Oh."

"If you hurry up I can suck you off in the washroom." Ashton said suggestively, Calum could almost hear the large smile Ashton probably had on his face.

"You're such a tool, I'll get there when I get there. One, No sexual favours are going to make me go fast. Two, ew you're like a brother to me." Calum laughed, checking the time quickly to find it was just passed eight.

"Hurry up, Butthead. I want my hug." That was the end of the call, Calum couldn't help but roll his eyes at his best friend. Calum sat back down inside the pub and suggested that they head out. Michael promised that the boys would be back later on, even though the worker hadn't said a word past what the price was for the sandwiches.

"Did you drive?" Michael asked, question directed at Luke obviously since Calum had walked with Michael here.

"Yeah," Luke grinned at his best friend and ushered the two out the door.