26

A/N: Details about drawing for this story will be in the author's note at the end.

Luke thought it was a reasonable time to check in on Michael, now that he'd finished his fries and half of Michael's coffee that was on the verge of being lukewarm. 

Luke snorted on his way down the stairs, fully prepared to make the lad cringe with his shitty joke, get him back for the sexuality joke he forced Luke to hear.

He paused at the bottom of the stairs, looking at Michael's desk and chair to find them empty. He looked to Michael's second favourite spot in his work space, the one free outlet in the entire room where he charged his phone. Still no Michael . . .

Now this was an odd occurrence, Michael only really spent time in two places in this room. He knew Michael hadn't gone home though because he'd checked on the way back from buying fries. Where could he be?

Luke flicked on the light, freezing immediately when he realized that Michael was in fact in the room. With Calum.

"Hey, here's your-" Luke stopped talking and squinted at the pair, "Wait, why are you guys on the floor?"

Michael sat up from where he was with scrunched eyebrows, blinking against the harsh light at Luke. He looked like he'd just woken up.

"And where is Calum's shirt?" Luke asked, stepping further into the room and taking a seat in Michael's office chair. He wheeled himself over to Michael's desk so he could put the semi-warm coffee on it and so he would have somewhere to put his feet up on. 

Calum coughed loudly, it came out as more of a snicker than anything else though. Michael sent him a slightly sour look, removing himself from his comfortable spot straddling Calum's waist.

Calum sat up and retrieved his shirt and grimaced, "You drooled on me!"

Michael looked over for a moment dismissively, "So I did, sucks."

Calum wiped the spit off on Michael sneakily by hugging him, afterward he put his shirt back on and sat back against the wall. Michael still looked rather tired, like he hadn't slept in such a long time. Calum gestured the boy over until  Michael's back was pressed against his chest and he was captured in an embrace once more. 

"Might as well get used to it though, he's practically a drool machine." Luke snorted, spinning around in the chair to waste excess time. He stopped with a frown on his face when Michael didn't snap at him for that comment, usually he'd be spitting in Luke's face by now.

A/N: See what I did there?

One glance showed Luke that Michael was fast asleep, curled up in Calum's arms like a small animal. Michael had his forehead rested against the side of Calum's neck, one leg outstretched to the side with the other curled close to his chest. Calum had one arm wrapped around Michael's waist and the other was drawing patterned on the back of one of Michael's hands. The sight was pretty cute.

"You guys are gross, get a room." Luke whined, looking pretty odd covered in tattoos and acting kind of childish over a little bit of affection.

"We had a room, you're the one that walked in here." Calum said, rolling his eyes even though a smile was already fighting its way onto his face. He watched Luke spin around in the chair at a snail's pace for a while before he was distracted by a certain ink smattering on his skin.

Luke spun around to face the desk, sipping the bitter coffee quickly before turning back to Calum, who happened to be blatantly squinting at his forearm.

Seeing that he'd been caught, Calum decided it would be best to just ask. "What does that tattoo say?"

Without even looking down at the tattoo, Luke knew the one Calum was referring to, he didn't have a lot of writing on his arms, maybe a few words scattered about but his forearm had the bulk of it.It wasn't an uncommon question, the cursive was tilted and loopy to the point where not a lot of people could read it on their own, Luke kind of liked it that way though.

Running a hand over it, Luke recited what was permanently embedded in his skin, "Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they can't be saved."

Calum nodded, thinking about those words. He was contemplating the true meaning, did it have something to do with good and evil? losing yourself? or was it a friendly reminder that its never too late to do the right thing? It sounded familiar though, he felt like he'd heard it before. He just didn't know where.

Some time  had passed, and Calum was trying desperately to braid Michael's hair but it wasn't really working while Luke was scribbling on a piece of paper.

Luke finished drawing himself as a superhero by adding a cape and mask to his stick figure self. Throwing down the pencil with an added wa-bam! sound effect, he presented the drawing to Calum with a grin.

"Oh wait, forgot to sign it." Luke mumbled, snatching it back so he could print his name on it. "You can sell it when I become the great artist I'm destine to be."

Calum looked at the wibbly wobbly pencil thin hero on the crumpled paper and then back up at Luke. He could see the resemblance. "I'm going to put it on my fridge."

"Its from X-Men by the way." Luke added, directing the chair back to the desk.

"What?"

"My tattoo," Luke said, looking over his shoulder at Calum. "It's a quote from X-Men."

A/N: Pretty uneventful, I know. But its a filler, I can't just start shoving huge events down your throats one after another, it would be chaos.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN DRAWING FOR THIS STORY, I'm here to tell you that it is happening. I will also be participating if that somehow motivates you to join in??

There is no deadline by the way, so don't feel pressured to completing your drawings as soon as possible, take your time. This also applies to anyone who's reading this story in the future, as long as this story hasn't been completed, you can submit art. If you plan on submitting more than one drawing or something (like I am) that is completely okay, I don't mind at all but I will feature them in separate parts, if you want them all together please make them into a collage.

The only rule is it has to sort of connect with the story, whether it be a scene or how you figure a character looks, I'm not going to accept random drawings of muke making out on a couch somewhere, if you draw Luke giving Michael the R2 D2 trash can its acceptable because it adds into the story.

Also, this isn't a strict thing, you can use crayon or pencil or fancy pants art supplies or coffee or paint  or the blood of you enemies, I'm not one to judge (I'd rather you not use blood though because I don't want to be held accountable for that)

If you aren't very good at arty art art stuff but you still want to be a part of this, you can make a cover for FIFA instead if you'd like, no one is going to complain.

Anyway, when you are FINISHED your drawing, painting, macaroni sculpture, etc. take a picture of it and post it on twitter or on tumblr and tag me in it (giraffelegsluke for tumblr, and malumfricker for twitter). Let me know when you post it, just in case I can't find it and so I know which one is yours. If you don't have tumblr or twitter, message me and I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me there.

I will also be answering any and all comments, questions and concerns about this either in the comments or if you message me.

This author's note was really long but I wanted to provide you with as much information as I could think of, have fun. x