09

I'm back and off hiatus! Less than a week, thank you for all your kind words and I'd like you to know that I am feeling better than I was a few days ago.

I will not be updating as regularly as I did before, due to school so please bare with me, I might only update once a week. Thanks again.

His phone rang, Calum glanced at it with disinterest. He couldn't see who was calling because he'd thrown it on his bed and the top half ended up under a fold in the crumpled comforter.

He felt curiosity crawl up his spine, the three boys he'd left behind had stopped calling hours ago so something was compelling him to answer it. With slightly shaky hands, he moved the comforter away to reveal an unknown number.

With furrowed brows he answered, "Is this Mr. Calum Hood?"

"Yeah?" His voice came out hazier than his thoughts, it seemed that his brain was surrounded by fog and he was confused beyond anything else.

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you were the only listed contact though." A frown drooped onto his lips as the voice on the other end finished talking.

"What do you mean?"

"It appears that your family member, forgive me if I pronounce this wrong. Mali-Koa? Hood has gotten into some kind of accident and is currently unconscious."

Calum checked the clock quickly, "Will she recover?"

"It's hard to say at this time, she's only just arrived."

"I'm currently out of country but I'll catch the soonest flight. What's the name of the hospital?" He grabbed a pen and wrote the address on a receipt, with his cell phone pressed against his ear as he frantically looked around to find out where he would start with packing up. The hospital hung up and Calum dialled the first person that he could think of.

"Calum? Where are you? We're worried." Ashton sounded worried over the phone.

Calum never got Michael's number.

"Ash?" His voice came out a lot smaller than expected, he sounded like nothing more than a child.

"What's wrong?"

"M-Mali was in a-an accident." He realized vaguely that the news had finally sunk in, he wanted to cry and swim across the ocean to make sure that she was okay.

Ashton didn't respond, he knew Calum well enough to wait to see what he would be doing in any kind of emotional situation.

Calum let out a much needed breath, "I'm going to the airport."

"I'll meet you there." The boy on the other end wasn't making a suggestion, he knew Calum needed a friend to comfort him when it came to his family. His broken family.

Ashton was there to experience the bulk of it even if they had only known each other for a while at the time. It didn't seem like it because Calum lived in a different country than his parents and focused on football but Ashton saw him as a very family oriented person, but due to what took place not that long ago. Calum could only talk about his sister without getting a stoney look on his face.

Calum hung up then, feeling it was unnecessary to drag out the conversation any longer. He put down his phone with a sigh, looking around the hotel room at his scattered luggage. It would be best if he got a move on.