The Dinner

"This is an outrage!" the mining tribe elder shouted in disbelief.

Shuri sat in her chair next to King M'Baku as she slightly leaned back watching the spectacle before her.

She had just finished working in the lab with Riri and as the princess was walking Riri back to her room one of the elders saw. So now she is having to endure for the second time this week an emergency council meeting.

"Why is she here in Wakanda? Did we not just avoid a massive war with Talokan now we have the threat of the Americans coming to take back the girl. Bubudenge! (Foolish!)" the elder in red continued to rant.

Shuri watched as the elders continued to argue amongst themselves. She turned and saw the look on M'Baku's face he was slowly becoming agitated, Shuri wanted to laugh but she knew that it would cause a bigger uproar than needed.

The border tribe elder turned to Shuri and spoke "Was this your idea Panther? Why would you not consult us first before making such a rash decision that could endanger us all?" the elder in the blue garments asked his tone conveying his disgust.

"Because the last conversation that we had about Riri was that you wanted to kill her, for Bast's sake why do you think I would come to you for anything that involves her? That sounds like madness to me," Shuri answered plainly the elders stayed silent as Shuri continued to speak

"Also, what threat do the Americans pose they do not have vibranium nor do they know the exact location of Wakanda so why are you all so upset?" Shuri asked the council waiting for an answer.

M'Baku was the next to speak "Shuri when you decided to interfere with the Americans they may retaliate as you know Wakanda doesn't have many allies at the moment due to our failure in complying with the demands of sharing vibranium so the stunt you pulled in stealing Riri will cause more tension," his voice soothing but serious.

The elders nodded in agreement with M'Baku

Shuri knew that M'Baku did not judge her decision; he was only speaking about the consequences of her actions. M'Baku was better with the politics of sitting in these council meetings Shuri knew that but she wasn't about to sit in silence while the council tried to talk to her like she was a child.

"What would you have me do, Ndixelele (Tell me), Should I have just left Riri there and allowed the Americans to force her to build another machine that not only endangers us but Talokan as well did you quickly forget that Wakanda has pledged to protect their oceans," Shuri asked the council

"There seems to be a lot of judgment about my decisions to protect Wakanda when this council has done nothing except sit here and complain giving no results, I was the one who recreated the herb and brought back the black panther and it was me who saved Wakanda from a neverending war with Talokan and yet this council is still on my case because I decided to save Riri," Shuri continued to rant

The river tribe elder stood up in frustration "What we would have had you do is take care of the girl so there is no possible way that the Americans can use her against Wakanda," The green in the elder's clothing matched his mouthpiece reflected off the floor

"Oku kwakhona? (This again?) Why do you think Riri is here? She's in Wakanda's protective custody for a reason so that the Americans can not utilize her. She's here for no other reason. I don't understand why this council wants so badly to kill her just because she is a brilliantly talented engineer," Shuri fought back with a ferocity so strong that the elder sat back down.

Shuri could feel M'Baku's eyes piercing her in the back as she decided to sit down. Shuri was starting to get annoyed and her emotions were starting to get the best of her she decided to take a couple of breaths before speaking again.