Stay With Me

****TRIGGER WARNING VIOLENCE AND MENTIONS OF BLOOD******

🌸 🌸

"Absolutely not Shuri, you're not doing that,"

"Why not though it would be pretty cool,"

Riri laughed as Shuri rambled on about doing a flight test into space with her Mk 1 suit seeing if the Panther suit could sustain decent airflow along with her. At the moment, the two debated the effectiveness of allowing the Panther suit to breathe at high altitudes including outer space.

"Shuri, there is no need for you to add this because you're never gonna go into space,"

"I don't know that, especially being an Avenger I never know where I am going next, better to be overprepared right?"

'She's right kid, I remember installing so many useful survival tools in Peter's suit because of what I struggled through, he never thought he would use it but the minute that he did he was covered,"

Riri listened to her Tony AI as Shuri smirked because someone was taking her side. Though she was thinking of one word what Tony said.

Who is Peter and why was he making him a suit?

Riri would bring it up later to Tony AI.

"See even Tony knows I'm right," Shuri boasted happily

Riri didn't respond she just smiled and looked out at the Wakandan railways as the vibranium shuttles quietly zoomed past the lab. During the nighttime, the shuttles seemed more peaceful as the blue lights illuminated the dark.

"Shuri you're amazing," Riri said unexpectedly

"Thank you, but um...where did that come from?"

Shuri's eyes met Riri's as the young engineer continued to look out the window

"Everything that I look at, everything that I touch, was brought to life by you, not many people can say that Shuri,"

Shuri's face slowly morphed into bashfulness as her cheeks flared up. Riri could tell the scientist was trying to process the compliment.

"You're just as brilliant Riri, I've never met anyone like you, someone with such raw unbridled passion and guts to throw yourself into scientific discovery. Last year you produced a vibranium detector just to prove that it could be done, your intelligence is astounding and it can be said for your character as well,"

Riri felt lighter than air as she listened to the way Shuri spoke about her. Shuri had a profound respect for Riri and she could feel it. The conversation between them was easy. Even as they talked their hands slowly found each other and intertwined. The two women didn't question anything for once.

"Riri, can I be honest with you about something?"

Riri started to feel her heart rate increase when Shuri said those words.

"Of course Shuri,"

"I have been waiting until we were alone since we always seem to get interrupted," Shuri laughs nervously as she continues to talk "So I was thinking... like I usually do about our relationship... not that I am always thing about our relationship... and I am not saying we have a relationship... oh Bast!"

Riri gave Shuri a sympathetic smile as she watched Shuri trip over her words

"You want to talk about our friendship right?" Riri asked

Shuri took a deep breath "Yes, that's what I was trying to say,"

"Mmmm, it's confusing at the moment,"