Inner Thoughts

Riri fought for sleep the entire night as she thought about what had transpired in the lab. It took everything to force Shuri out of the lab because everyone knew she would have stayed all night reviewing the audio files. However, Riri was more convincing with the Dora Milaje as they promised Shuri that she could work in the morning.

One of the main reasons that Riri couldn't get sleep was that she set the alarm every time Shuri tried to leave her bedroom. Griot would loudly announce multiple times throughout the night 'Miss Williams the Princess is in the hallway moving towards the lab.' And with every attempt, Riri would use her kimoyo bracelet and force Shuri to go back into her room.

Riri eventually awoke with the Wakandan sunrise after getting a couple of hours of sleep without Griot's voice and she was grateful that Shuri finally gave up around three in the morning.

'Miss Williams the Princess is in the hallway moving towards the lab,'

This time instead of stopping Shuri, Riri disconnected the alarm and made her way into the bathroom to shower and wash her hair. After finishing Riri detangled her hair and rebraided her hair down, the engineer appreciated how the products in Wakanda made her hair feel softer and more moisturized than any products she has ever used in America. She put on her gray lab jumpsuit and all-white sneakers.

Riri's mind felt surprisingly quiet after everything that was revealed the night before. The blankness in her mind terrified her but she knew that once she stepped out of her room there would be no more quiet. No more time for reflections.

Once Riri stepped out of her room and into the lab she needed to be strong not only for Wakanda.

But for Shuri.

The moment she stepped out of her room her emotions were going to be pushed to the side.

Riri opened her bedroom door and made her way to the lab taking the long way toward the shuttle. Once the shuttle doors opened signaling to Riri that she reached the destination reality hit her like a ton of bricks once she walked through the beautiful graffiti hall toward the lab and she heard her voice echoing through the halls.

'So forgive me, friend, if I am a bit overwhelmed seeing you after everything that happened don't get me wrong you look amazing and you haven't changed at all which isn't a bad thing it's just ugh...'

Riri's face instantly flushed after hearing herself projected through the lab speakers.

Shuri was sitting in front of the holographic screen listening intently to every word. Her presence was void of all emotions giving Riri flashbacks from a year ago when she was tirelessly recreating the heart-shaped herb. She was laser-focused on her task of deciphering anything that could have been leaked.

Riri quietly walked towards Shuri not wanting to interrupt her concentration.

"Did you at least get some sleep last night,"

Shuri paused the audio not turning to acknowledge the young engineer before she said "Yes, I slept for a couple of hours but I was restless throughout the night and someone refused to let me go to the lab,"

Riri could tell from Shuri's tone that she wasn't annoyed with her. The playfulness in her voice meant that she could tell the older scientist was grateful. Though Riri wasn't in a playful mood right now due to her exhaustion she was just as determined to analyze these audio files along with Shuri.

"What have you found?"

Riri was straight to the point as Shuri glanced up at her as she thought for a moment before she answered "Nothing much the audio files start from when I first gave you back the earrings in Virginia,"