BEAUTY AND THE CURSED BEAST

I’m taking my way to Griffin forest where I can find the plants of herbal medicines that can be use as ingredient for healing potion. I’m working in the facility of castle; Chrysanthemum Palace. After ten years, I heard the country lived at peace again. Prince Lathros of Chrysanthemum realm finally found the cure and I heard, he is smiling now. Maybe the crowned prince is cold as an ice before. Prince Lathros is now a king. While his wife, Snow White, became a queen of entire realm and the North castle, and Chrysanthemum Palace reunited.

Griffin forest is the most dangerous forest in Chrysanthemum. I heard, this forest is connected to the West darkest forest in Chrysanthemum before Griffin. The darkest forest in the West is connected to dead curse palace; Crinum.

Crinum Palace has own flag and Crinum is one of the powerful palace before. Only few knows the color and the picture of the flag. The palace was already forgotten. They believe that it was a curse. There’s living creature inside the Crinum Palace, who can’t die easily. It has monstrous face, enormous body, red dark eyes and different terrible presence. One out of ten town people know how that creature in Crinum Palace works. And also his real story. My grandfather said, the beast living in Crinum Palace is depending on the spider flower in transparent glass.

The curiosity about the living creature in Crinum Palace filled me. I asked my grandfather more about it. And, he says, his life is depending on the spider flower. The spider flower is glowing every night and decaying every petal of it, falling. The spider flower was called Crinum and it is named after his late noble grandfather; Herodes Crinum. Crinum flower can be only found in the garden of Crinum Palace. It’s red flower that has thin long petals and also resembles of beauty.

Malawak akong napangiti dahil nakita ko na rin sa wakas ang hinahanap ko. Pagkatapos ng sampung taong pag-aaral ng mga herbalist sa pasilidad, nabasa ko na ang Emerald Shrooms ay hindi lamang nagkakaroon ng masamang epekto. The outer covering of Emerald Shrooms can poison the human body for ten seconds but if the herbalist will study and observe it, there is yellow extract inside. And that extract is helpful for healing infected open wounds.

Agad kong isinuot ang mga puting guwantes at dahan-dahang kinuha ang Emerald Shrooms sa lupa. Ang mga Emerald Shrooms ay madalas na nabubuhay sa madidilim na parte ng lugar. At sinasabi sa aklat na bawal maghalo ang Glooming Shrooms at Emerald Smoke Shrooms sa iisang lugar dahil ang epekto nito ay sobrang masama. Maaring madamay ang mga tao sa kalapit-bayan.

Habang ako ay kumukuha ng Emerald Smoke Shrooms, agad akong nakaramdam ng kakaibang presensiya na nagpahinto sa akin gawin ang aking ginagawa. Isang malaking anino ang bumalot sa kalahating parte ng kagubatan na nagpanginig ng buong katawan ko. Ang Emerald Shrooms ay biglang umilaw dahil sa biglaang pagdilim ng buong paligid. Mula sa anino, nakita ko ang matutulis na kuko sa mga kamay at dalawang sungay.

I gulped hard while trembling in fear. I’m already inform that this forest is dangerous. But I didn’t know that I will encounter a different kind of beast. As a healing user, I could feel the endless flowing energy behind me. The hood of my cloak was removed. I can’t still move or run. The beast is closer to me.

Dahan-dahan naman akong humarap sa aking likuran at dalawang pares ng pulang mata ang nakita ko. Nang makita ako nito, ang mga mata niyang kulay pula ay biglang umamo na parang isang tupa. To my surprise, the enormous pitch-black shadow gone and the large beast collapsed.

When the shadow covering to the body of beast, gone, I could see now clearly the face of the beast. Nakadapa ito sa damuhan ngayon at mayroon siyang dalawang sungay na kulay itim. Kahit nangangamba, hinawakan ko pa rin ito ngunit hindi ito gumagalaw.

My eyes went to his waist. There is a mark of blood to him. And because of panic, I touched his shoulders and turned his body to me. Then, I saw a large black arrow through his flesh. I pulled the arrow as I heard him groaned in pain. I caressed his forehead, assuring him that everything will gonna be alright.