4

Fatima covered Tara from head to toe. Not a single skin of her was visible.

"Forgive me, Tara. I cannot take care of you any longer, but promise me you will not forget me."Lacking a handkerchief, she dabbed at her eyes with the back of her robe's sleeve.

Fatima felt as though she was sending a part of herself away. No doubt they had met just a month ago, but those days were something Fatima ever needed.

"Don't cry" taking Fatima's hand in her hands, she said. Her eyes were filled with tears.

While they both were weeping into each other's arms. Hussain and Oman were talking at a distance from them; it was hard to hear what they were whispering.

"Stay with the caravans. In this way, it will be hard for shahbaz to find you among other people. Few days ago, i saw Shahbaz's men roaming around in the streets. He is suspicious about you hiding in this area"

"Hm, you are right. It's better i remain disguised. Escort Fatima to her house after our leave"

"Don't worry about Fatima. You just take care of Tara and yourself," Hussain said, patting his shoulder.

"We'll be going now" Oman said.

"Allah will protect you," Hassan prayed with both hands in the air while he looked up at the sky.

"Fatima, we have to go," Oman announced while loading his baggage camel with things he needed.

Tara felt her heart sink. She has to leave this place, as her father left and never came back.

Walking toward Oman, her eyes clashed with his, who was also looking at her with a cold glint.

Soon, Oman's eyes drifted to Fatima as she came in front of him. Tears were flowing like a waterfall from her eyes.

"It's not like you will never see her again." Oman patted Fatima's head.

"Write me letters and look after this little Djinn," she said in response.

When God made him, he omitted to give him a heart. Fatima couldn't do anything about this.

There was no affection in his eyes. Cold, reserved. That's what he was.

Fatima bid her farewell with a warm hug. He turned toward Tara and lowered himself to wrap his arms around her waist.

She felt every hard line on his tanned arm while pushing her up. He placed her on Camal, legs either side of the camel.

Oman pulled the camel's ropes to make it stand up. When the camel started moving, her eyes instantly found Fatima's eyes. She smiled and lifted her hand in farewell. Oman, too, looked at her sister and nodded at her with thin lips.

Passing the bazaar, she saw a bakery where she was lost. Now it seemed this place snatched loved ones. Fatima was snatched away from her too quickly.

Sand submerged the oman's riding boots as he walked along the camel. His aura and his entourage were too well built.

He looked at Tara; her face was covered with a grey scarf. Only her eyes were visible; those hazel eyes looked dead now.

Tara was well aware of his deathly stares. Yet, when their eyes met, she glared and looked away.

Their journey had just started, and he was sweating profusely as the heat of the sun was intensifying. When they were in full desert land, his legs were giving up. So he sat behind Tara on a camel. Tara was nervous the whole time. She felt herself folding up inside.

After covering a journey of two hours, Tara stared twisting in her seat. she was not comfortable like this.

She turned back, and her eyes moved across his chest and stomach.