14

All the men were sitting on a rug and enjoying their wine.

"If I want a woman, i only want her for one night, for pleasure with no strings attached. I don't want to be tied down. Damn you all for marrying so early." Bahman mocked Oman in his heavy voice, trying to mimic him.

Bahman was telling his buddies that once Oman was against relationships, but now he has also become a married man.

"That's what you said back then, didn't you? I remember Just a half year ago, even Humaira couldn't tie you down. What made your decision change, brother?" Raising his brow, he asked with a smirking face.

Oman gave him a stern look before gulping down the whole glass of alcohol.

"Everything changed. I am changed." He said peering at the douche of a man.

"Something changed here," he pointed a finger at Oman's heart.

And he continued to tease Oman.

"We clearly know who changed you. I know your needs. it's hard to accept that a little girl could satisfy you," Bahman said, winking.

Bahman wasn't a gentleman. He was one of many men who think women are under them and they have every right to do whatever they want.

"I didn't claim her yet," he said. It came out like he was talking to himself.

Oman remained silent as other men talked about their first night with their wives. Oman wasn't liking that for some reason. If it was the same old him, he would have praised a woman he had spent a night with and told them how amazing it was.

Azadeh brought in a tray with four large bowls of food and another jar of wine. She set the tray down on the table, hands shaking slightly. Oman wondered what Bahman had done to the poor woman to make her fear everything.

He spoke harshly with Azadeh, telling her to bring more food, and Oman surmised he must be an abusive husband who wasn't ashamed to insult his wife in front of his friends. But Oman wasn't in a position to interfere in their personal matters.

He was feeling sick in this place.

Bahman turned to Oman, realising he had been silent the whole time. He leaned a little toward Omar and spoke slowly.

"You are sharing your bed with a girl, and she is still a virgin? Have you become impotent, my brother? What fun is there in that?" He laughed out loud when he said the last sentence.

Oman felt his blood boil. The only sign of emotion was a small twitch as he clenched his jaw.

"Bahman, she is my wife. not a prostitute. I'll consume our marriage when she'll be ready," Oman made his point clear.

No one can tell him what to do with his wife. She was his to do whatever he desired. His feelings started to change recently, and he wasn't sure how to describe them. He only knew one thing: he would never let her go.

Bahman could see Oman was reeking of alcohol and was not in his senses. He didn't want to make him angry.

"I was just saying that you used to be..." Oman abruptly cut him off in between.

"I should go now. She is alone." Oman realised this conversation was swiftly going out of his hand. The best thing to do was damage control considering his anger issues.

He rose from his seat and excused himself.

The floor seemed to shake beneath him as he took his steps toward the guest room, where his wife must be waiting for him.

He knew what had changed in him; even people around him could tell it on his face. His heart, it had changed. Now it beat for Tara. It craves for her-to see her and to feel her.