21

She would curse this Djinn if only she could know who was behind all this. She tried asking Oman, but he wasn't in a condition to respond. He was exhausted, and the pain was clearly visible on his face.

A steady stream of blood trickled down his arm, and a few drops of blood also fell on the muddy surface. A look of horror washed over her face.

He had been left with a hefty slash across his right shoulder that gaped and burned with so much force that his legs felt weak. Everything seemed to be concentrated in that area now, and the throbbing was unbearable.

Now his torso was naked, and he was only in his pants. Then, slowly but steadily, he turned to face Tara.

She must have looked completely horrified.

"Look away," he hissed through his clenched teeth.

He tore his black headrest; the material was fine and would soak the liquid.

She swallowed the lump building in her throat. She took small steps closer to him.

"Let me help you," she said, reaching for a small piece of cloth in his hand and coming behind him to clean his wound.

"If you are not comfortable seeing all the blood. Then, you don't have to do this" he said and sat on one knee.

"I am fine"

He let her lift and fold the fabric just above the wound.

With shivering hands, she was engrossed in cleaning the blood from his skin, at least as much as she could, while being as careful as she could not to hurt him. Her body was rigid with tension, while his eyes held little emotion.

Her long, slender fingers were loose but warm against his skin. Accidentally, her hand touched the part that was highly affected, and he didn't flinch half as much as she did.

"I am sorry. Are you hurt?" She panicked and took a step away.

"No. But don't touch the wound," he said, looking back at her.

She nodded and tied his headrest around his shoulder as tight as she could manage without hurting him or cutting into his skin.

He sat there for some time, closing his eyes.

Right in front of his face was a small piece of bread held by Tara. All thanks to Azadeh, who provided them emergency supplies.

He shook his head.

"I don't want to eat," he said, frowning at her.

"No, you have to eat it. You will be weak if you do not eat anything. Let me feed you," she glared at him, showing him her big eyes.

Seeing him not opening up his mouth, she lifted the bread close to his lips.

Finally, he pouted and quietly leaned forward to take a small bite.

After a few small bites. He ate like a hungry lion.

She chuckled in her mind.

She also fed him some dry fruits. While she was busy feeding him, he kept admiring her smooth neck and her pink lips.

"I love you," he said suddenly, looking into her eyes.

She stopped midway. Her hand was in the air, close to his lips.

after a big pause.

"Me too"

"What? You too, what?" He leaned closer to her face.

She looked down shyly.

"I love you"

Trust takes time to build. But he had never known hunger such as the one she awakened in him. It was like a fire that burned out his common sense and control. He fought it, but the fire kept on blazing up, destroying all his good intentions.