30

She shivered under the contact of cool morning breeze and the air was perfumed with the scent of a new beginning.

Oman ushered her into the tent, which he had made from sheets. Because of its small size, he had to bend to fit inside. Carefully, he settled her onto the carpet he had spread out inside the tent. The whole time his dark passionate eyes never left her. He looked so awe of her that it made her blush.

All of her senses awoke when her eyes travelled down to the midriff and she could see the obvious bulge straining against them.

"You make me crazy, my little Tara" he says, and reaches out to touch her cheek, running his thumb over her lips.

Tara felt her pulse pounding in her ears. Her hands were on his biceps. These senses made her heart out of control that she closed her eyes.

Slowly his fingers gently brushed against her cheek.

He inquired with concern, "Are you alright?" as he gently cradled her face in his hands.

she tenderly rested her small hand on top of his, which was still caressing her cheek.

"Yes, but my heart is racing so fast. I don't know why" she bit her lip, looking back in his heated eyes. 

Taking her hand into his, he guided it to his own chest.

"Look, even my heart is pounding. Can you feel it?" her breath hitched as he said those impactful words. How could this happen to both of them at the same time. It seemed their heartbeats were connected. 

"Why does it race like that?" She asked with thinned eyebrows.

"I don't know. It never raced before until I saw you with that flat faced guy and my blood build with anger" he said with a clenched jaw.

How could he forget that day when he was ready to kill that guy.

"But, mine thumped when i saw you for the first time" she said lowering her eyes.

Her eyes widened as she exclaimed, "Oh, it's quicker than mine!"

He couldn't help but chuckle at her comment.

"Why does it move so fast?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm not sure. It never used to be this fast until I saw you with that guy with the flat face, and it made my blood boil with anger," he replied, his jaw clenched. 

how could he forget that day when he was ready to kill that guy for his minx. she always made it hard for him to control himself whenever someone looked at her. it would have been easier if he had realised his feelings earlier and not have been a jerk to her from the beginning. 

"But mine skipped a beat when I first laid eyes on you," she said, staring at him questioning the look.

Oman watched her emotions pass by her face, first her expressions were confused then turned to sadness. 

"I still remember the first time I saw you 'running for your life'." he said staring into her sad eyes and kissed her forehead with an assurance of his love. 

Oman will never forget the moment he looked into her frightened eyes. It had a profound impact on him and did something to him. The crazy  girl pursued him all the way home. But he was grateful that she followed him. Otherwise, he could never be with her. Perhaps, It was their destiny that brought them together.

he again continued. "These beautiful and gentle eyes instantly captivated me. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have you in my life." He grasped her hand, lifted it to his lips, and gently kissed her knuckles.