20

Bahman was cautious; he was afraid Oman could raise a suspicion. He forbade any of his men to even talk about it. If anyhow it happened, he was sure Oman would not hesitate to kill him.

All day and night, he kept guards around, keeping an eye on him. He knows Oman's potential as a soldier. He was inevitable on the battlefield, and even innocents' blood was on his hands.

He was young, only a boy, when he signed up for war. There was ice in his eyes. Soon he became a destroyer of men. as if he were never afraid to kill someone and as if it fulfilled his beastly will.

Seeing that he was unbroken and vigilant in his task, Sultan made him the commander of the great army. Everyone feared him. Even in his own heart, Bahman feared him.

Bahman was close to Sultan's brother, Ibrahim. His death had formed a chaotic, crazy ambition in him to punish Oman for the deed he had done.

He didn't care and knew how and why Oman murdered Ibrahim.

Shahbaz, being his best friend, told everything about how Oman was planning to take control of the whole country with the support of his army.

Two months ago, Oman wrote a letter to him asking for his help. He has already informed Shahbaz about it. Their plan was ready. They were aware of his plan and tracked his every move.

He wanted to know what made Shahbaz turn against Oman. They were best friends and very close. So many questions remained unanswered.

And only time could answer all of them.

Shahbaz made it clear that he himself would capture and kill him. Before that, no one will touch him. He was on his way, and every day it was getting harder for Bahman to keep things in his hands.

His horse was robbed. He knew who did it. But he couldn't do anything as no trace was left behind.

!!****!!

A roar of shouting came from outside. He had a terrible gut feeling about it.

Bahman heard a series of hard knocks on his door. He went to the door and opened it.

He saw one of his own hired guards standing at his door, raising his dagger.

"He escaped," he said breathlessly.

Pushing him back, Bahman rushed toward Oman's room. But there was nothing. Everything was gone, even their belongings.

"Fool, go catch him. Tell every man in this house to find him and inform the Assassins of this city about it," he screamed at the gathered armed guards.

"He still couldn't have crossed this city." "Hurry up!" he shouted.

It all happened so fast that every guard was aiming to find Oman. They rode on their horses and went in every direction they had expected he could have turned.

Bahman was frozen at the same spot, in the same room. Where Oman was staying.

"Shahbaz would kill me. Yaa Allah save me," he muttered, placing a hand on his forehead.

Waiting for Shahbaz wasn't a good idea. He should have killed Oman when he caught him in his trap.

He began swearing and cursing at his fate.

He hurriedly went to his own room. as soon as he closed his door. He saw a dark shadow move behind the door.

His eyes swiftly moved, catching Oman standing behind the door, looking at sword in his hands.

He got a little heart attack, and his eyes went wide.

The sight of Oman, his face taut with rage, his arching brows, sent the Bahman prostrate to the ground.