Past Memories: Things to Come (Volume 2 Finale)

This one is for the collective of 3K views on this chapter.  Or you could think of the last one as the 3K special. Anyways, see you at the end of this.

[Announcement At The End of This Finale]

Y/N looks at Yatsuhashi very confused and perplexed.

Y/N: Younger brother? What do you mean by your younger brother?

Yatsuhashi: It's as I said. I didn't only have a little sister. I had a brother that was two years younger than me.

Y/N: So that tattoo?

Yatsuhashi takes off his 5-layer shoulder guard on his left shoulder to reveal the same tattoo as the guy in Y/N's scroll.

Yatsuhashi: It's something when a boy in my town comes of age to train with weapons, around the age of six.

Y/N: Wow. What happened?

Yatsuhashi: It was a long time ago. Back when it was my coming-of-age ceremony.

Flashback: Yatsuhashi's POV

I ran around my village, burning with excitement. It's finally the day, the day where I earn my tattoos like dad and wield to protect the town. I bumped into my mom and dad who were speaking with the butcher.

Dad: Well, look who showed up.

Me: Dad!

I jumped into his arms to give him a big hug. I suddenly have the scent of meat cooking over fire filling my nose. Looking over, the butcher was cooking a piece of hog carcass on the open flames with my mother beside the guy, helping him.

Me: What's mom doing?

Dad: She's just getting a little something ready for our boy.

I laughed and climbed on dad's shoulders to get a better look. Time passes and we head home. The ceremony was always done in one's house, each family giving their kin a specific tattoo that is for that family only: The Clan Mark. This was how they would differentiate people in our village.

Throughout the process of being tattooed, I stayed still and bit on a piece of wood to not wake-up the baby and my younger brother. By the end of it, tears were welling in my eyes but were quelled by a kiss on the forehead from my mother.

Mom: You did so well in staying calm, my little Yashi. You're such a big boy.

Mom went over to a cabinet to fetch a big mason jar. She leans beside me and starts to rub cream on the tattoo. The pain and heat dissipated as the tattoo began to glow.

Mom: There. Feel better sweetie?

Me: *nods* Mhm.

Mom: *places a hand on my cheek, smiling* That's good.

That night, we had a feast. Fresh vegetables and fruit from the gardens, a wonderful desert, and also the giant hog carcass that mom made with the butcher. It was delicious. Before I knew it, it was time for bed. So with excitement for tomorrow, I went to sleep.

The next day was weapon selection for my clan. We didn't have normal birthdays. To make it simpler, every clan in the village had a day where they turn a certain age; and the day after would be their weapon selection day. This made it sometimes where people would be older or younger than the age of six, which made those who were born on the clan's birthday very special. I should know since I was one of them.