Chapter 7

Both Paul and Ruby were interrogated the next day. They couldn't offer much when it came to the woman's identity, as a mask covered her face. Ruby asked about the blood samples they collected from the mysterious woman. General Ironwood said it would take at least a month to get the results back. Ruby suggested that the woman was working with Torchwick. The others at the office agreed it was possible but they didn't have enough to pursue them.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Exiting Ozpin's office they walked for a while until they reached their dorms. Both of them were question by their teams about what happened. Ruby explained what happened while Paul ignored his friends and threw himself on his bed. The events from yesterday kept him awake all night. He was planning on going out today but he couldn't fight his tiredness any longer. Paul was getting ready to sleep, he hadn't even taken off his boots. Before he could doze off, the voice of Glynda was heard speaking over the P.A. All first year students were ordered to go to the amphitheater. While going out, Kat noticed Paul was still laying in bed. At first he tried shaking him while telling him they had to go. Paul just responded with a very faint no. Having no options left Kat dragged him out off the bed causing Paul to fall to the ground and groan in pain.

With that Paul agreed to follow them to the amphitheater.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Beacon amphitheater

Hundreds of students were present at the amphitheater. You could tell where they were from due to them wearing a different uniform than that of beacon. Next to the entrance there was a pile of bags. After leaving their bags, all 4 Germans went up to the front of the amphitheater where Ozpin was standing. He gave a speech that Paul was honestly too tired to listen to, but something did catch his attention. Ozpin mentioned that today the largest war in Remnant's history came to a close, and that after the war the huntsmen academies were built. That sparked some interest inside of Paul's head. How are the conflicts in this world? He knew that they didn't have mustard gas but they did have flying vehicles. Maybe those were used instead of tanks? He promised himself he would read some history books once this was over. Ozpin also mentioned that many parents began naming their children after colors, something that would explain Weiss and Jaune's silly names.

At the end of the speech Ozpin mentioned that they would go on a mission of their choosing. With that the speech was over and teams began making their way to the holograms where they would choose their mission. Team TAPS also made their way to one of these. Of the many available missions, they settled on a rescue mission on the Kingdom of Mistral. Everything was goin fine until it came time to write the team's name in the hologram. Paul tried entering the name TAPS into it many times. Each time he tried the answer always cam as a message from the machine that read "Team name not registered, please enter a correct team name". Each time that message was shown Paul became angrier and angrier until he cursed at it and tried to punch the hologram, but his hand went right through it and ended up hitting the concrete wall.

Paul was now holding his hand while the rest of his team laughed their asses off. Paul had tears in his eyes, both from frustration and pain.

Ozpin: What seems to be the issue here Mr Baümer? Ozpin asked while approaching the Germans

Paul: This stupid machine isn't working!

Paul: It doesn't register our team name

TAS: We have a team name?

Ozpin: You have a team name?

Paul: Yes! I've been telling you that for the last week! He said to his friends.

Ozpin: May I ask what your team name is?

Paul: TAPS

TAS: TAPS?

Ozpin: TAPS?

Paul: Yes TAPS

Ozpin: Team TAPS it is then. He said as he wrote the team name into his scroll

Ozpin: Since the T is the first letter in the name that would make Tjaden the leader of the team

APS: WHAT!

Kat: I'm sorry Mr Ozpin, but Tjaden isn't fit to be a leader, he is young, a fool and lacks leadership skills

Tjaden: Shut up Kat, you old bastard! Said Tjaden before getting smacked in the back of the head by Kat

Ozpin: Well that's an issue you need to discuss with Paul, he chose the team name after all

With that he left leaving the rest of team Kat and Kropp glaring at Paul while Tjaden had an evil grin on his face.

When Paul tried to put their team name for one last time it actually worked and they were now free to go to their transport. On the way out Paul spotted velvet walking alongside her team.

Upon spotting him, Velvet ran towards Paul and embraced him in a hug. Both of them talked for a little while. Velvet seemed happy until Paul asked her why had she taken so long in her mission. Velvet got quiet after that and the conversation quickly ended.

While they waited, Kat began reading the mission log. They had to accompany a more experienced huntsman and save a woman who had been missing for 2 days in a forest over at Mistral.

While they waited, they got to meet the huntsman who they would keep company to. His name was Robert. He was a year 4 huntsman, he would be graduating in just a few months from here. He had red hair, a brown trench coat, a cowboy hat and some tactical pants and boots. His weapon appeared to be a revolver of some kind. You could see the edge of a knife sticking out from under the barrel.

Kropp tried to start a conversation with him but Robert would only respond with simple yes and no's. It was clear he wasn't very social.

Shortly after their transport arrived and all 5 huntsmen were ready to depart. Paul was scared shitless when the bullhead began flying. He had never flown before so it was natural for him to be scared. He just closed his eyes and grabbed the armrests tightly until they were now flying smoothly.

During the ride Paul spent most hours either sleeping, playing with his scroll on looking out the window. He saw the landscape change from forest to ocean to mountain and then forest again. The Sun was going down by now. Over the intercom the pilot announced they would be landing soon. Paul could only look out the hiding Sun as he waited to land.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Man these chapters are getting shorter and shorter
I finally began writing after a while. My I got over my Croatia losing the World Cup depression so now I'll finally begin writing again

I wish y'all a merry Christmas
See y'all in chapter 8