Chapter 10

After Tjaden woke up, he explained only to his teammates what he saw at the bookstore. He told them about the mint haired girl and silver boy and what they did. Kropp sugested keeping an eye on them, since they didn't have any sufficient evidence to prove what those 2 did for now. Tjaden also told Paul where he would find the books he had taken from the store.

They would've kept talking but the doctor came into the room and told them it was time for Tjaden to rest.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Paul was walking through the streets of Vale yet again. He was walking through the street Tjaden told him he would find an alleyway with a blue dumpster. He walked approximately for 10 minutes before spotting the blue dumpster. Beside it was a bag with 4 heavy books

While walking back he noticed a light pole with a poster stuck to it advertising something called the "Vytal Festival". The poster had the image of a stadium with all flags of the kingdoms of Remnant. He examined it for a moment wondering what that was before taking the poster from the light pole and put it in his backpack before continuing with his walk back home.

The street he was walking in was filled with life. There were multiple restaurants and cafés, a park among other things. The people of the city were doing their normal tasks,children played, people walked their dogs, and the weather was wonderful. People all around were setting up banners and decorating the streets, it seemed like a celebration was going to be held soon

Paul was lost in his thoughts while walking. He wasn't paying attention to anything around him, until a loud boom was was heard. He blinked once and he was no longer in Vale.

Paul opened his eyes to see he was standing in no-man's-land. He clean uniform was now stained with mud and blood. All around him, men in similar uniforms were throwing grenades at an enemy trench. The enemy retaliated by throwing the grenades back at them. The multiple explosion caused Paul to panic and jump into a nearby crater. The explosions kept getting louder and they weren't stopping. All he could do was stay in a fetal position and cry.

He stayed there for what he thought were hours. As he wiped the tears from his eyes, he realized he was in Vale again. Multiple people were staring at him from the other side of the street. Turns out it was only a hallucination. That explosion he heard was just some balloons popping, and the crater he jumped into was a fence that surrounded a nearby park. Looking at his watch he saw that the whole ordeal lasted less than 2 minutes

When the initial shock passed and he realized he made a fool of himself he walked back home with his head down, completely embarrassed
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Beacon library

He had finally made it to Beacon. He was tired from the long walk he did. It wasn't the best way to start his day but he's had it worse. He sat down in a corner and opened one of the books Tjaden had gotten him. This particular book was about the history of Remnant. The first part of Remnant's history seemed normal, from hunter gatherers to developing agriculture. They had a good amount of wars and empires throughout their history just like earth.

Semblances and aura were seen as a sign of love that God had given the people of Remant to protect them from evil.
Grimm were seen as demons who had to be eradicated from the world. Since faunus had animalistic  features early humans believed they were related to grimm.

The faunus were seen as inferior by human ever since first contact. When something went wrong they were the scapegoat. There has been countless genocides committed against them for thousands of years, and even today in most kingdoms they're second class citizens. They've always wanted a kingdom of their own but the closest they got is modern day Menagerie, which isn't even a kingdom.