Chapter 9

The squad of soldiers returned to Beacon after a long and excruciating flight from Mistral to Vale. They were as tired as they were disappointed with the outcome of their first mission. The school held a small ceremony for Robert, in which they portrayed him as a wonderful leader and a charismatic man. They knew that last part was made up, since Robert had been nothing but a downer ever since the moment they met. Despite not really getting along they still felt a feeling of gloominess when remembering him. They were well aware his death was not any of their faults and realistically there was nothing they could've done. This impacted Kropp the hardest. When he arrived in Remnant he had expected a life free of pain and suffering, a life where he would not see people die, a life he could live peacefully. The death of Robert had left rethinking his choice to join Beacon, tho at the end he figured it was his only choice as he had nowhere else to go and besides sleeping in a bed was way better than having to sleep in a hole in the ground with artillery raining over you.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Tjaden was wandering around in a bookstore he found. Paul had asked him for a favor and he was given some money to buy Paul some books about poetry, art and history all topics Tjaden found extremely boring. While browsing the shelves he spotted one of the books his comrade had asked him to buy. While ducking down, 2 people entered the bookstore. They began speaking to the owner of the store, a faunus man working the counter. Tjaden was more concentrated on grabbing the book more than whatever conversation they were having in the background.

Once the book was firmly in his hands, he raised his head over the shelves only to see 2 familiar looking people in the store. While he didn't know their names, he had seen these people at beacon before. One was a dark skinned girl with mint green hair, red eyes and a very revealing outfit, a bit too revealing for Tjaden. The second was a silver haired boy in a grey outfit. Once he had eyes on them, he began eavesdropping into their conversation. It seemed to just be a conversation about books, until the mint haired girl mentioned to the cashier something about the white fang and how he was trying to escape to Vacuo.

Tjaden noticed the room getting darker and darker. The silver haired boy had flipped a few switches that had caused the windows to darken. Tjaden had a bad feeling about this, but he didn't leave as he still had to buy the books he had.

"You know who we are?" Asked the dark skinned girl. The faunus at the cashier replied with a simple "Yes"
"You know why were here?" Questioned the girl once more receiving the same reply from the cashier. "Are you gonna fight back?" Said the girl while her partner was approaching from behind. The faunus at the cash register looked down for a moment before looking at both teenagers with an angry look and replying with an agitated "YES!"

The faunus man released his claws at the end of his fingertips, before jumping over the counter and launching at both students attempting to slash them. Before he could reach them however the silver boy raised one of his legs as if he was going to kick him, but instead a shotgun blast was heard and the faunus man's head had been blasted, leaving a headless body gushing out blood.

By now Tjaden was hiding behind one of the shelves. He was hyperventilating. He had his hand over his mouth to prevent his breathing from being heard. If he was found he would be done for as he didn't bring his rifle, because this was just supposed to be a normal task. He started calming down a bit when he heard their footsteps approaching the exit. Once they left Tjaden calmed down before waiting for 10 minutes alone in the store. He didn't want to risk being spotted by those 2 exiting out of the store, so he waited until he determined they were long gone.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-