Chapter 14

(I will be taking a lot of inspiration from Celtic Phoenix's, Fixing RWBY series)

It had been 4 months since the fall of Beacon. Grimm had completely taken over the campus and they weren't leaving any time soon as the Wyvern, still remained frozen in stone at the top of Beacon tower. Despite most of it being frozen, there was a small, unfrozen part of it under its belly that was constantly leaking that black fluid, the same one that created grimm. Near Beacon tower, a pool of that same black ooze had formed. Out of it, multiple grimm were crawling out. These grimm were still in adolescence so their bone armor hadn't yet formed. What made these grimm more dangerous tho, was their bloodthirst. Adult grimm were smart enough to know when to attack and how to attack, being able to formulate plans and lure a victim into a state of vulnerability. Adolescent grimm just attacked anything that moved until it was dead.

It was late at night. Behind one of the pillars near the entrance of Beacon tower, stood a lonely figure. His armor had seen better days, multiple scratches and dents were present all over it, his baggy eyes indicated he hadn't rested in a while. His mace, looked in terrible condition, a few more swings and that thing would certainly snap in 2. He was running from pillar to pillar as quietly as he could, in hopes of not alerting any grimm, which was difficult because he had something in his satchel that was making a lot of noise when he moved. Just when he was going to cross again, he felt a pair of arms grab him and pull him back. Just then, a pack of beowolves passed by them

Cardin glared at the person who pulled him back, it was Tjaden. He had an equally tired look, his clothes had been lazily patched up with random pieces of cloth, his helmet now had a pair of goggles, and he no longer carried his rifle with him, instead he now used 2 pistols similar to Ren's, the difference being that these were semi-automatic, grey instead of green, and the blades were placed horizontally as if it were a bayonet.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Cardin while glaring

"I should be asking the same, Vhat zhe hell do you think your doing getting zhis close to the tower, are you suicidal!?" He whispered

"Im doing what should've been done ages ago!" said Carding angrily "I'm taking care of that thing"

"Und how to you plan to do zhat?" a skeptical Tjaden asked

"With this" said Cardin opening his satchel, revealing a large amount of fire dust crystals inside

Tjaden stared at the crystals in disbelief then at Cardin before staring at the crystals again. Dust was incredibly hard to come by nowadays, most of it having been used up or looted after the fall.

"H-how did you get all zhat dust?" Said Tjaden suspecting he might have acquired them through unorthodox ways

"I have some contacts who hooked me up, my family does have a higher status than most" explained Cardin

"So vhat Is your plan?" Asked Tjaden "Go up there and blow that thing up along with yourself?"

"For the most part, I'll blow the tower along with the grimm, but I wouldn't die" replied Carding while taking out a detonator "It works at a pretty good range you know"

"Und what would happen if your plan doesn't work" Said Tjaden "Vhat if instead of killing it, you set it free. Ve have no idea vhat froze that thing in the first place, and we've lost actual experienced huntsmen trying to kill zhat thing, what makes you think that you, a freshman will be able to kill it."

Cardin stayed silent for a good minute before finally saying something.

"Why did you follow me?" Asked Cardin