🌞Chapter 34🌻

🌞🌻

Gulf huddeld weakly in the kitchen. Mew reached out a hand to help him stand and they moved into the living room. Laying his head on Mew's lap, Gulf voiced his first words of protest.

"You're awful, sir."

"Why?" Mew asked innocently, and Gulf flushed all the way to the base of his neck.

"For what you did back at the hotel."

Warmth spread through Mew's heart as Gulf stumbled to express himself. Combing Gulf's soft hair, Mew replied nonchalantly.

"What choice did I have? You wouldn't talk to me like a good boy."

At some point at the hotel, Gulf had fallen into a daze, so they were both equally guilty.

"But you were never going to ask me, were you?" Gulf asked, his voice slightly hoarse. Mew gave a slight smile.

So Gulf knew all along.

"Well, you were never going to tell me, were you?"

Gulf laughed loudly at Mew's retort. He looked away, unsure how to reply.

"In the kitchen, I was just---"

"Just what?"

Gulf had troubled going on, but Mew urged him to continue.

"I was---" Gulf seemed to be asking permission to finish, his hesitant expression full of an almost monk-like sterness. Mew steeled himself for the possibility that Gulf might suggest breaking up, that was how serious he looked.

"I was just wondering if you'd let me make breakfast."

"You want to make breakfast?"

Mew had expected so much worse  that he almost sounded disappointed.

"Yes."

"Why?"

Mew reacted with uncharacteristic caution to Gulf's unexpected request. Gulf's gaze wondered as he struggled for a moment before responding.

"Because whenever I stay here, you always make breakfast for me, Mew."

Gulf sounded so embarrassed that Mew's eyes widened momentarily. Then he smiled.

"I'm sorry."

Gulf must have been expecting Mew to make him breakfast. It hadn't occured to Mew that Gulf might actually looked forward to his cooking. He would have been hard pressed to call himself a good cook, so he couldn't quite understand why Gulf enjoyed it.

Mew faced a dilemma, because if Gulf wanted something, that meant Mew would make it a reality. From then on, every time Gulf stayed over, he would cook for him.

"I'll make breakfast for you in a few minutes," Mew murmured, pulling Gulf close again.

"What?"

Well, it was almost time for lunch, but that wouldn't be a problem. Whatever Mew made for them, they had already tasted the most satisfying thing in the world.

"Right now, I want to snack on you. I'll cook after that."

"Just one more time." Mew whispered. Gulf opened his mouth to say something, but Mew sealed his lips once more. He tasted deeply of the rare creature that allowed him alone, in all the world, to enjoy it.

END