Chapter 4

"ha...why is it morning again?" you get up, trying to wake your beast too "hey, I know that we're sleepy, but we got to go," trying to pull the beast.

The beast looks at you and slowly gets up, "I feel like we got a lot in common. We're both lazy, but we got to work..." you deadpan. The beast let out a small roar and followed you from behind.

Yawn* you stand in line like everyone else, some still getting ready and some already up since morning getting all their belonging. You don't have much with you, so you get to sleep in a bit.

'Come to think of it...where is my so-called ally?' you look around, not to find him anywhere, '...I guess I still have a habit of trusting people too much...again,' you let out a small sigh*

  A woman approaches you from behind "hey..." she taps your shoulder. You turn to see the group of people from yesterday

"it's us...from yesterday," she said

"Yes...do you need to borrow anything?" you said sarcastically.

"N-No! It's not like that...we want to say thank you!" she got flustered, and her comrades bowed their heads down a little.

"...?" looking at them confused, you don't even know what you do for them to be like that "you're welcome?"

They all look up at you, "if it weren't for you, one of our comrades would have a significant infection by now. Right now, he is up as if nothing happened!" said one of the guys.

"And we're sorry that we're put you on the spot like yesterday!" said another

"It's fine..." you try not to gather attention to you.

"If you got any problem, we will help you! Just ask for us, Leon group!" said the girl.

"Leon group?"

Suddenly you can hear a whisper around you about this group 'well; I'm sure we're not gonna meet again.'

"Thanks," you give them a small smile, "I will remember your offer."

"..." all of them go quiet.

'?Did I do something wrong?' you about to ask when a commotion from the front happens.

"Seem like the expedition is starting...I think we're also going to stop by the village, and after, we divide into groups," said the guy.

You listen and understand and put on your hood to avoid sunburn. 'I want a nap...' you thought when you woke up not too long ago.

---------

It is just like the guy from the Leon group said, with many people like this, everyone is divided into groups of 3. there are three positions. Defend, attack, and healer.

You were put in healer in group one since you don't want to defend and attack. 'I mean, I can fight, but...why would I do that' helping set up the camp.

"I wonder how long we have to stay here..." said a squicky voice, "Paimon think we should go and look around just in case there are people who want to help!" said the creature calling herself Paimon.

"Alright, let's go!" said the girl next to her, and they both left.

"..." you smile, looking at them go, "I feel like I see her somewhere before..." you pause, thinking, not seeing a person appear in front of you.

"Y/n," he called,

"Hm?...hm!" your eyes wide, seeing a pair of red in front of your "Cyno! Where did you come from?" you back away a bit to put some distance.

"Patrolling," he said

"Ah...I see," you never thought that you would see him, "I thought you left this morning."

"I have something to do, so I left early," he said. His deadpan expression isn't changing.

"Oh..." you feel touch for him to keep a deal that you were playing around, "so what are you up to now?" you ask.

He took some of the stuff you carried, "I have other things to do...I wanted to check on you."

"Aw, how sweet of you!" you brightly smile, don't know that there was this kind of person.

When you get out of the camp, the sun starts to set. The color is more beautiful than the one you're used to seeing from your window. "I guess it's time to prepare dinner...are you gonna join us?" you ask him.

"No, I have other things to do, then I will eat."

"Yes, yes," you let out a small sigh* and take something out of pocket to him that wraps in something "it's not much, but it's enough for a small snack! Eat them when you get too hungry."

He looked at it and looked up at you "thank" he said, "I will see you later."

"See you-" you pause to think again, "Cyno, what position were you put in?"

"In group one, I was assigned in the Attack squared."

"Hm? Are you going to be alright? You're too small to fight...I heard the General take care of everything. Geez, what is wrong with him" you mumble, and Cyno and hear it all.

"It's ok!" you hold his hand,

"..." he was taken quite a bit with contact with you.

"I'm in a healer group; I might not know how to treat someone but come to me when you're bleeding. I can put a bandage," you try to give him courage.

"..................I will do that," he nodded and left after.

"What with the long pause?" you tilt your head.

--------

After setting up your camp for this whole expedition, you feel like sleeping now "let's eat first, then get a good night's rest~" just thinking got you excited.

You turn to where everyone is—trying to help out like everyone and get everything done, then you were put in charge of watching 'that work for me' you deadpan.

After dinner, everyone went inside their camp to rest since their day would start tomorrow.

You sit outside with your tempered beast, more like sleeping outside with your tempered best. You have a camp, but someone said that base is theirs, and they keep persistent about it. They didn't bring their camp, but they still lied about it.

Yawn*

You're too tired to fight for single camp, plus you have a busy schedule tomorrow "fighting them brings nothing..." you remember the disturbing face everyone is looking at you.

"Guess it's just you and me again," you said to the beast, and it replied with a small snort.

Sleeping while sitting is not suitable for your body. It can hurt your back a lot. "I got to endure...and when I get back home, I need a week of sleep, yup! That will be my goal!"

You smile, looking at the pretty star in the dark blue sky and covering yourself in your blanket to stay warm even though you're in a desert. You can feel your eyes getting tired "good night, world..."

To be Continued...

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ