Chapter 14

Weeks pass,

  during those weeks. You got many visitors, especially those that you know at the exhibition. They brought gifts and songs to sing to make you feel better. You don't see why they all like this, 'I don't mind it...'

———

"Brother, you don't have to come every day."

  Your brother would come every day despite his busy schedule; even though you told him to stop, he would say, "Why not? I'm here for my little sister!" he beamed. Since you can't convince him, you just let him do what he wants "...do whatever..."

"Hehe, I bought some fruits. I don't know exactly which is your favorite, so I got all of them."

"Sigh*..." you smile, looking at him hopelessly.

———

"And then Paimon, whoosh! And POW! And BAM!" She smug, "And that's how Paimon gets rid of bad guys."

"Sure...and then Paimon hid behind a rock," said Lumine

"Haha!" You laugh

"Hey!" Paimon pouted.

  Your (maybe) close friends, Lumine and Paimon. The due would come some evening to check up on you. They would also tell you the story of their journey. You enjoy every talk you have with her.

———

"I think it best if we put a flower pot here!" Said Nahida

"I agree. It wouldn't hurt to have some life in this room," said Dehya

"...you two said that every time..." you let out of small sigh*

"Hehe, that's why I brought some flowers!" Said Nahida as she showed you.

"And I brought a vase," said Dehya as she showed it to you.

"Haha..." you deadpan

  Nahida and Dehya would come from time to time, and they would bring gifts or some food. They would talk all day if they had, but visitors' time was limited. Dehya would find an excuse to stay longer, and Nahida would say something clever to keep up another hour or so.

———

  The most surprising thing is the guy named Def, the person that you take under (the rude person from Chapter 5), somehow he would visit you once a week,
"Don't worry! I will make sure to catch them all!"

"...sure?" you smile back.

  Not just that, but his parent would come and give their thanks to you. Saying stuff as you change him to a person worthy of taking on the family. You don't get it, and so you accept it.

  Not long after, you learn he comes from a family who owns a big bar in the harbor. You just thought it was surprising. You didn't take too much from it.

———

The time that you would get happy is when the sun is down. That is when- Knock* knock*

You turn to the door. "Come in," you smile, knowing who it is.

The door opens, revealing a person with white hair and ruby eyes. He takes off his hat and walks toward you.

"It's finally your turn now, Cyno."

"Feeling alright?" He asks

"All good, just a big visitor again..." you smile, not knowing why.

Cyno put something on the table and began to unwrap it. "I got something for you to eat," showing you a dish.

"They look good!" You beam, "Did you prepare it again?"

He nodded, "...yes," he said. His ear slowly turns bright.

"Next time, I want to make you something too~" you hum as you start eating,

He sits beside you, "I will wait for that day," he smiles.

-------

Time passed, and two months passed, and you were finally allowed to leave the hospital.

"Finally!" you stretch your arm, "I thought I was born in this place."

"Well, technically, you are born in the hospital," said your bother

"...you do have to ruin the mood?" you deadpan as you look at him.

"I'm not~ I'm just helping you remember," he teased as he opened the door. "And y/n, how about we celebrate your discharge- what are you doing here?"

"?" you turn to where your brother is, a woman you know and never liked "..."

She smiles and walks in toward you. "I'm glad to see you...better," she smiles.

"What are you doing here?" you ask, tired just from seeing her face.

"Why can't I be here? I want to check on you. You two are really the same," she said

"Now you did. I will take my leave," you give out a sign* and about to leave with your bother.

"Your Father wants to see you," she said,

You stop your track and turn to her. "Who now?" even your brother is surprised.

"As much as I hate to admit it, he wants to see you" She crossed her arm.

Your father, who you haven't seen since your mom was gone, "he want? To meet? Me?" is the weirdest thing you heard.

"Hold on," your brother stepped in, "We both agreed never to meet each other again after what happened to y/n. That is not part of an agreement," he said

"He promised not to meet you, not y/n," she said and turned to you, "come now, he's waiting for you at home-"

"I'm not going," you said,

"What?"

"I said I'm not going," you give out a smile, "tell him that if he wants to meet me, come find me himself."

"Hah, you think I would do what you told me?" she smirked.

"You will, isn't that what you have done your whole life" You smile at her and turn around to leave, "I hope we don't cross part again. You don't want the same thing that happens to me...turn to your only son."

"You-"

"The fact that I leave that kid alone, it's a small mercy I give you. Don't push me too much; that kid is no longer for me to pity him" You leave, and your brother follows you.

"Are you sure you don't want to meet him?" your brother ask

"Yes, for a person who calls himself my father...he never comes to meet me once during my stay here" Your expression has already given up on him. "Since he gives up on me first...I will do the same."

"Y/n..." your brother pads your head, "I will be here if you need me," he said

"Thank you, brother..." you smile, getting warm from your only family.

"Alright!" he said, "Let's celebrate your discharge~ and invite your friends too. They will be happy."

"That sounds great! Not sure if they will be free to come, though."

"Oh dear sister, they will drop anything for you," he smirked, "who wouldn't? It's y/n we're talking about"

You tilt your head, "I think you give me too much credit."

"I'm just telling the truth."

"Sigh* yes, yes, I will believe you, brother," you give out a small giggle.

Making your way across the city, you look up and see a clear blue sky. "Such a lovely day," you smile.

To be Continued...

Such a lovely day today; I hope you have a beautiful day too.