Chapter 8

"Good afternoon," she smiled, "how are you doing?" asked a small girl in green.

"Hello...I am good?" You get up from where you sit and kneel next to her. "I see you're alone again today, so what can I do for you?" You let out a smile.

"Hehe," she giggles as she looks up at you. "I'm here to volunteer for Side E!"

"...right"

"I know that you see me as a kid, but I am more capable of handling difficult tasks," she said

"Oh? How so?" You can't help but find her adorable.

"Like, I can solve problems quickly. I am also good with something that other people can't do," she said

"Haha, how intriguing!" You laugh and turn to her. "I don't mind a young volunteer, but kids are really horrified with something they've never seen."

"Don't worry! I can handle everything! And like I said, I might be small, but I'm older than you think."

"Right, right. Since you so insisted, I will let you in," you said, "but I need to contact your parent just in case they worried."

"No, wait!" She stops you.

"Hm?"

"I, er...I don't have any parents," she said like it was no big deal.

"Oh...ok," you nod and agree like it's no big deal.

————
Two days later,
————

"Y/n, where are we gonna put this?" Ask the little girl,

"Hm...I don't know, and I never thought they would give out some rare supplies like this" you turn to her, "I'm out of ideas. What do you think, Nahida?"

"Haha, Why would I ask you if I have known" she giggles like she knows something, "but I do have an Idea, we can use the space at the corner of the tent to be our storage room."

"True, We don't have that many patients to begin with," you nod, agreeing with her idea. "Let's take this; they are very in the way, oh! And you don't have to, Nahida" you pick up a box,

"Eh? But they are all too heavy."

"Can you pick them up?" You ask

"...I think so" she looks at the box that is bigger than her.

"Haha!" You can't help but laugh, "I'm happy that you want to help. I do have another thing you need to do. A patient with his feet stunk with Poison, Although I applied for some medicine. It still needs our attention."

"Poison?" She sounded surprised and confused, "I heard the exhibition is clearing a small number of monsters. I didn't hear they would have poison."

"I don't know either, but you will never know what happens," you smile, "alright, enough chit-chat. Let's get a move on." Nahida smiles as you begin to work, and her expression turns focus.

After, you begin to take the five large boxes to the corner individually. When you are on your second "ha...heavy-" the box was taken away from you "?"

You look to see a pair of ruby "Cyno!" You called him, "when did you get here?"

"Just now," he said, "what with all the boxes?"

"It's a weekly Supplies, though I never got them this much...I wonder what happens" you shake your head as you give up.

"I see; I will help," he said and began to bring two boxes down.

"I will too!"

"No, you can start on something else." He got close to you, making you jump a bit. "I will finish this soon," and there he goes, the solo person.