Chapter 10

Another week passes, and everyone can go back home. "I can't wait for a warm bath" just thinking about it makes you happy.

Something changed...in a good way. Since that day you take a walk with Cyno, you would find yourself looking at him from time to time.

  Sometimes you would find yourself looking for him, and by the time you realize it, you were walking around the camp.

You notice a lot of little things. He would be patrolling early morning by himself; he seemed busier than other soldiers. He doesn't talk much, but when he gets comfortable, he cracks a joke and continues explaining them individually.

Sometimes he is a picky eater but still eats them anyway because he said that some people don't have the luxury to have them. He is not too fond of heat, he never shows, but you would find him under the sheath to cool off...

"Sigh* dear me..."

The more you try to hind, the more that feeling grows. You thought it was just a crush that would go away soon "what to do..." it will never go away that easy.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" asked Nahida.

"Nothing...just thinking that we gonna be home soon," you smile, "are you excited to be home?"

"Me too! I think everyone going to be beaten before when going back," she laughed, "but...it gonna be hard to meet you, y/n," she said

"Right..." you reply, "but don't worry, I'm sure we can meet from time to time if you want. I will be here to play with you" you pad her head.

"Really?" she smiles,

"Yes, Nahida! We are friends! Aren't we?" you smile, "you come to me anytime!"

"Y/n..." she hugs you.

   This past few days, you and Nahida got even closer. You noticed that she was not an ordinary kid, but at the same time, she was just so small to call an adult. So she becomes your little sister without knowing.

Another thing is, "knock* knock* is anyone here~" said the squeaky voice, "we here to hang out."

"Y/n, we brought you some fruits!" said Lumine.

"You guys are here! I feel like this is not a tent for the sick but for you guys to come and hang out," you deadpan, looking at everyone on a break.

"Hehe, we can't help it. We feel welcome here," said Paimon as she clung to you.

"Yes, yes~ you all said the same thing," you sigh* "how come it so welcome here?"

  They all giggle and turn to you, "we just do!" they say simultaneously.

"You don't need to know why y/n!" a soldier shouted.

"Yeah! You don't need to! Just keep us here!" shouted another one.

  Yes, not just Cyno, Nahida, Lumine, and Paimon. You also got close to other soldiers without knowing. At first, they were weary, and just a day after day, they all released the shield they put on. They would come to Side E to find a place to rest.

  Not just that, there are more volunteers in Side E. It was weird initially, but you got used to their company and help around the camp.

"Ha...you guys need to spill some secret. I thought we all were friends," you huff, and They all laugh.

  You never thought that someday you would have friends to laugh alongside you. Even though everyone will spill up, 'I hope we all can meet again...'

--------

"RUN! Everyone evacuated!" a soldier shouted.

  Everyone quickly packs their stuff and runs. Why? You help a patient next to you get up.

Somehow a group of hilichrul manages to sneak into the camp. But the issue is...human.

  The hilichrul is well taken care of, but the issue is the human who comes in and destroys the place, and they cause much racket.

  After you helped patience find a safe place to stay, you got up and went outside.

  You make your way toward where all the commotion is coming from "hah, look who we have found~" said one of them "you save us the trouble of looking for you," he smiled.

"Did she send you here?" you ask
The she you prefer to is non-other than your stepmother.

"Yup!" he replies, "she spent a generous amount for you. I guess how much you were worth," he snickers, and so is his buddy.

  You sigh* "never learn do she" you pick up a stick and swing it around "this should be fine..." holding tight.

"Hoho~ what are you gonna do with a stick!" they all laugh.  

"Maybe she thinks she can play granny-" he drops down.

"?" the guys look at you in shock,

"Who next?" you smile.

"You B*tch!" they all charging at you.

  You smile as you swing the stick around, beating them like easily. It is not that you don't want to fight, but showing your ability is worth challenging your brother and step-brother's position. That is why you drop out of everything, not to let your brother do something he will regret.

  By the time you know it, everyone has fallen. You look at the stick and see that it is still intact. "Look like I still got it," you smile.

You look around the quietness; you drop down the stick carefully "thank you for helping me," you smile.

"Y/n!"

A voice that you recognize as you turn to see Cyno running toward you.

"Are you alright?" he holds both of your hand and look you up and down.

"Y-yes!" your heart skipped a beat when he got too close, "but what are you doing here?"

"I should be asking that," he let out a small sign* "why are you here?" he asks

"Taking care of them. They were looking for me," you reply,

"You should have called for me," he said

"...are you worried about me?"

He blushes, and "...yes, I am."

Your eyes were wide; maybe it was the sun or the heat. You can feel your face burning hot.

"Thanks..." you smile, "thank you for worrying" you hold his hand tighter.

"..." he said nothing and did not release your hand.

"Hehe" seeing him this shy make you happy that you are not the only one. "By the way, Cyno, after the expedition, I want to tell you something."

"Tell me something?"

You gather all your courage, "Yes, and while we're at it. Let's go on a date."

He felt his heart skip a beat, "........sure" he nodded in agreement, "where do you want to go?" he smiled.

"Let go to.....! CYNO, WATCH OUT!" Stab*

Drip*

Drip*

Drip*

"Y/n..." two hands holding your body, you feel like all your strength begins to disappear.

'What?...'

You can feel your body being lifted.

"Y/N! Don't close your eyes yet!" he shouted,

'...hurt'
It feels like your body is being burned inside out 'is it...poison?'

Little by little, you feel even more tired. You can sense that someone is shouting at you, but it feels so far to hear anything.

'ah...I feel so sleepy...'

To be Continued...