Chapter 7

Lunchtime is the busiest time of the day. Not you, though. Since all the patients in Side E are all better and even get their lunch, you don't do much.

"Everyone so lively," you smile, seeing that Side E camp is all eaten.

"What should I do now? There no more injuries coming..." you try to think for a bit, "supplies, done. I eat, not done. What else? I feel like I forgot something..."

Standing there, trying to think, someone taps you on your shoulder "excuse me..." you glance to see a young nurse, "I-I was told to bring him here..." she pushes the wheelchair with a boy you saw from yesterday.

"Ah! I know I forgot something!" You smiled, "thank you very much; you can leave him here."

"Yes, take care" she bowed a little and left.

You turn to see this boy who is about a year older than you, with black hair and blank eyes. His face looks so smug from arrogance.

"I was waiting for you," you said. You look him up and down, "I thought only your arm was injured. I didn't know you broke your leg while sleeping too."

"..."

"Have you had lunch yet? If not, we can go get them."

"Hmph! Bring it to me," he said,

You get closer to him, and you bearly pinch his ear "... repeat it?" you smile

"OW! It hurt!" He yelled, "It's fine! I can go."

"Relax, I didn't even touch you," you let out a small sigh* "let's go get our lunch-"

"Can't you see?! I can't walk!" he replies.

"Oh really?" You smile, scorching down, looking at his legs wrapped in bandages. "Oh my, it did look hurt," you stand back up, "then can't help it, if you can't walk, then no lunch for you" you give a small smile pointing to an empty bed, "go and rest over there, it your place."

"Hah!?" He turns to you, about to yell again and lower his voice, "I Can't; my arm hurts."

"Then walk," you smile, "hurry up now; we both don't have all day."

"Ugh..." he pauses and slowly gets up, walking toward his bed. He flops down on his bed.

Sigh* 'his feet don't even have the slightest injuries; what the point of doing this' you go out of the camp.

Standing outside is refreshing. You go over to where they give out food. And ask for a tray that everyone equally gets.

Returning, you put the tray down next to the boy's bed "eat it while it is still warm; I will be outside if you need me," and you left.

Having nothing to do, you sit outside to pass the time. Growl* "ah..." you hug your feet, "I'm hungry..."

Thub*

You can feel a presence next to you, looking at the person sitting with you, "....Cyno?"

"Here, you can have my shared" he pushed the tray close to you.

"Hm? I can't do that. It's yours" you push it back to him.

"Thank you," he said

"Yes?"

"Just a 'thank you' is enough," he turned his face away, "you said that, didn't you?" His ear is slowly red, but you can't see because of his hat.

"...right," a little smile appears, and a slight pink seems on you. "I did say that...Thank you, Cyno!"

You pick up the tray, soup, bread, and an apple. You pick up the bread and break it into two "you did say shared!" You beam.

"...Thank you," he accepts as a small chuckle lets out

Usually, it would be you who give it away. You have never asked much from the beginning. Your family is too busy even to notice you. Your mom is gone, and your dad is crazy about his step-wife. Your brother is so busy with work that he barely has time to look after you.

That is why this person you just met shared his lunch with you makes you feel happier than usual. You can feel your heartbeat beat louder, maybe because of joy.

"Y/n, if you like it that much, you can have it all." Said Cyno, "don't cry," he said

"........eh?" You wipe the liquid on your cheek, "tear?"

He wiped your tear on the other side. He said nothing but let you continue with your lunch "haha...thanks," eating the bread. Your cheek is getting red from the embarrassment.

"Mhm," he looks away, not wanting you to be uncomfortable.

——————

Evening comes, and after night comes. By the time you know it, five days have passed.

You look at the boy a year older than you "yes?"

"I-I want to help..." he said shyly

"??"

"Why are you looking at me like that?!" he shouted, his face covered in red.

"I'm just surprised... besides, you're still hurt."

"I'm all fine now," he swings his arm around "see?!"

You smile 'your arm was never hurt' you examine his arm for the past four days, and there were no scratches or scars or even a sound of a broken bone. You play along with him, and since he doesn't want to get choked by medicine again, he has been behaving.

"What changed your mind?" you ask, "where did that temper go? It was lively."

"!" his face turn shy. "I...I want to get closer...." he mumbles.

"Sorry?" you got close to him to hear, but he quickly backed away.

"I want to help! That's all!"

"Hmm," you hum, not sure what he is up to "sure, I'll let you help out," you smile, "let's start with your first task."

His eye beam, "Sure! What do you need me for?" crosses his arm.

"An apology to Side A," you said

"Hm?" He turns back,

"An apology; you cause so much trouble for the person caring for you. Not only that, you disrespect other healers who have their patients to treat," you said,

"...just that?" He asks, "me? Apologize...." He looks down

"Yup, that is your first task." 

"...........you don't want me to do anything?" He asks, "heavy lifting?"

"No, I'm good," you reply.

Lifting has never been a problem, and you are vital and don't like showing it.

"I...er, fine," he said, "I will go apologies," he huffed.

"Alright, I will wait for the report."

He looked proud and quickly left, though you don't know if we apologized. You will have to see in a bit "what a day," I give out a long sigh*

"Hehe"
A sound of a small child.

You turn to see a girl in green "...?" The girl you met the other day.

"Good afternoon. How are you today?" She smiles.

To be continued...