Chapter 12

"Is she alright?" asked the little girl in green,

A doctor with some paper with him "We manage to lessen the poison...all that is left is for her to wake up" He said,

"I understand," the little girl nodded, "you can go back to work now. We will call you when something happens."

"Thank you, Lord Kusanali" He bowed and left.

Nahida turns to the people waiting outside the door; they all peek in to see the person inside lying down on the bed. She has slept peacefully, but their heartache from watching her.

"The doctor said she will be fine. All we need to do is wait for her to wake up," she said to the person beside her.

"Yes, thank you for looking after her," said the boy with (h/c). He looks tired, even with dark marks under his eyes.

"No, problem. You should get some rest, Fial. You've been staying up for three days now. I will stay here with y/n."

"Thank you, but I can't ask you more than you have helped us. Without you, she rarely makes it back here..." He wiped something out of his eyes. "It's so weird...when she here, I never thought I'd be worried about her like this...I feel bad for her to go in my place...but now that y/n like this, I can't help but be more worried than I ever thought," he said without knowing.

"..." Nahida calmly smile, "It just shows how much you love your sister Fial, no matter how much you don't like each other...at the end of the day, you both are still siblings."

Fial's tears fall out by little, and he wipes them away again. "You're right, Lord Kusanali" he smiles, "she is my sister...my only family."

Nahida smiles with joy. She then tries to convince Fial to go rest. After many tries, he finally gives in and goes rest.

She walks up to the room where many people stand. "Alright!" she claps her hand to get their attention. "Visiting time is over; y/n needs to rest too" They all look dejected and slowly leave the place.

Seeing everyone leave, she entered the room where only one person was left. His white hair rested on his shoulder, with his hand was holding someone's hand.

As she walked in, he got up and turned to her. "Oh..." he let his guard down.

"You've been on edge until now, aren't you?" she smiled as she got closer. "Get some proper rest, and I will watch over her."

"...it's alright," he said as he turned back, "I want to wait until she wakes up" He held her hand and gently kissed them.

"Yes..." said Nahida, "I will leave you then," she said as she knew he won't change his mind.

She looks at the person lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully, her complexion so pale, it feels like a person with a lifeless body.

"Get better soon, y/n," Nahida mumbled and left.

---

You feel tired...

'So tired...'

It feels like your body won't move at all. You can see the light so far from you. The more you run toward it, the more you go even further.

'So tired...I want to give up...' you sit down, looking at the light before you. It feels so cold, but your hand feels so warm.

'Why am I trying so hard?'

The light is going further,

'It's not like I have anything to achieve.'