Chapter 16

"Shyam Ji, I am sure Mr Raizada is not a fool to take decisions that would ruin his business empire. Also, if your business is as clean as you all claim to be, what's the harm in letting me investigate?"

Khushi wished for Akash to be here. He would have come up with a better argument.

"Khushi, it's not like I don't trust you. But we have contracts with people who do not want their names to be disclosed. By making all transparent for you, we are violating their contracts"

"How about you cross off any personal information? If I see something I want to read or investigate, I will contact you and you can hide the personal information from me"

"She does have a point, Mr Jha. Can you do it or not?"

"Mr Raizada, but...."

"Can you do it or not?"

"Ok, I will draft a contract and have it ready by tomorrow morning. Now if you excuse me I'll take your leave"

"Come, Mr Jha, I'll walk you out. I need to talk to you about the new venture project as well"

Saying that NK walked out with Shyam leaving Arnav and Khushi alone.

"That was interesting"

"I know. Can you believe Shyam Ji hid that all from Akash and then Anjali Ji, how could she hide this from him? I feel sorry for Akash. He has already lost a lot in his life and he can't afford to lose the relationship with his sister"

Khushi forgot about the environment she was in. She was more concerned about Akash and angry at Shyam. Therefore, she did not realise she was holding Arnav's hand while talking.

Arnav looked down and saw what she was doing. He wanted to pull out his hand, he wanted to tell her what she was doing but he didn't do either. Instead, he stood there, letting her hold on to him.

"What is wrong with me? Why do I feel NK is correct that either way, this deal will be the end of me"

Thought Arnav looking at Khushi's hand that was holding onto him.

"These are the times I feel glad I don't have a family. Because family betrayals are hard to cope with, you know what I mean, you expect their support and instead they lie to you"

Khushi is nowhere to stop. Arnav saw a different Khushi this time. He is used to seeing this strong, focused Khushi who is not afraid of anything. But this one is more vulnerable, emotional and empathetic.

"Then there is Payal as well. Akash basically received two pieces of bad news in one day. I hope he is holding on" 

Arnav is known for his sharp mind. He figures things out quicker and better than most of the others. But even after almost two weeks he still couldn't figure out this girl. 

She has many shades than what she is showing. However, by now Arnav understood one thing, Khushi has put on a mask of this female version of himself. She is more than what she shows. It is going to be interesting to unveil her shades one by one.

"Miss Gupta, although I would like to stand here listening to your complaints, I do have a business to run. So if you don't mind, can I have my left hand back?"

"Huh? Left hand? Why would you ask.......ohhhh...."

Before she finished her sentence she realised what he meant. She quickly let go of his hand and took a step back.

"Sorry, I didn't realise"

"Don't be sorry, you have the right"

"Huh? what now?"