Chapter 21

"Khushi........."

"Arnav.........."

The basement was filled with the sound of guns and gunpowder. It only took a second for Arnav's security to action. They came from behind and grabbed Sheetal.

Khushi opened her eyes. The last thing she remembered was Sheetal pulling the trigger and someone pushing her.

She felt a severe pain near her shoulder and turned her head around expecting to see a bullet wound and blood. But much to her surprise, she was not injured. She dismantled her shoulder because of the push but no bullet wound, she is still alive.

"Oh thank god, I am alive. That was close. It did feel great to face such a psychopath after a long time. Remember our first meeting, Mishra kind of did the same. I don't know why I have to be the target every time. Mr Raizada, you owe me this time"

Saying that she hit her shoulder on the concrete pillar to align her dismantled shoulder. Khushi has done this multiple times in different missions and knew how painful this can be thus, she had to.

"DAMN! That hurts"

Then she got up and turned around expecting to see Arnav. But she wasn't there. Khushi looked around to find Arnav and she saw him sitting on the ground a few feet away from her.

"What are you doing sitting on the floor? I am fine. But where is Sheetal?"

"Khu..shi..."

She heard Arnav but his voice was shaking. That's when she noticed the blood coming out from his shirt. The left side of his shirt has turned red. Khushi rushed towards him and sat beside him.

"Jesus Christ, what happened? Omg, you have been shot. What the hell you did do? Why did you save me? Someone, please call the ambulance"

"Shh Khushi, I..don't think ...I have...much...time..left. Call...NK and he'll...take..you..home"

"Shut up. Nothing will happen to you and please don't talk. You are wasting your energy. Please someone call the ambulance. He is hurt"

Khushi didn't realise when the tears started coming out. She was crying, she was crying her heart out for the same person she wanted to see dead.

For the longest time, she wanted Arnav behind bars and end up getting executed. But now he is actually hurt she couldn't stop crying for him.

"Please don't cry... Khushi.... please...."

Khushi hugged Arnav and started screaming.

"For the love of god, can someone come and help me take him to a hospital"

"Miss Khushi, the ambulance is outside. Let's take him out"

Two of the security guards came and lifted Arnav.

"Why the hell you took so long? He has lost so much blood. If something happened to him trust me, I am going to shoot you point blank"

Arnav heard the threat she was giving to his guards. If he was not hurt, he would have laughed until tears come out. But before he could even react, he fainted. They put him inside the Ambulance and Khushi also sat beside him.

"Please hurry up, he is unconscious and has lost so much blood"

"Madam, only family can ride along. Are you family?"

"Yes, I am his only family. So stop wasting time and let's go"

Khushi took his phone out on their way to the hospital and dialled NK's number. She was glad she took his number this morning in case she needed help with Arnav's work demands.