Chapter 35

It has been over three months since Khushi started her investigation. So far she hasn't been able to find anything against Arnav or his companies. It's like there is this invincible hand between them protecting Arnav.

The second reason is the awkwardness Arnav and Khushi share after NK's birthday bash. Both Arnav and Khushi have been avoiding each other ever since. Deep down they both wanted to talk like adults about what happened but their ego always comes in the middle.

Arnav has tried several times to talk to Khushi but every time ends up deciding not to because he wanted her to come to him first. Khushi's situation is pretty much similar. She wants Arnav and comes and talks to her.

All these firsts have made her life miserable. Khushi took her phone out and decided to talk to Akash.

"Akash, are you free today? Can you meet me at our favourite coffee shop?"

"Is everything ok? I mean, I don't mind meeting you but at least give me a hind on the reason"

"Since when you needed a reason to meet me?"

"I didn't mean like that. Anyway I will be there in two hours"

"Thanks, Akash"

Khushi had a shower and got ready. Because of all these fiascos, she forgot to hand over the photo NK gave her while back to Akash. She took the photo with her left to meet Akash.

"Miss Khushi, are you going somewhere?"

"Yes Rose, I am going to meet a friend. I'll be back before you know it"

"I'll call the driver"

"No need Rose, I can take a cab"

"But Sir has given us strict orders not to send you out without the driver. So please, you wait here and I will call the driver"

Khushi didn't want to make it hard for Rose so she decided to wait for the driver.

"Oh my god Akash, how long it has been"

Khushi hugged Akash as soon as she saw him sitting at their usual table.

"Tell me about it. It feels like years. So how are you? How's everything?"

"I am fine but the rest of it is a disaster. That's why I wanted to talk to you"

"Why, what happened?"

"Akash, I don't think Arnav is who we thought he is. I feel like we misjudged him. His father may have blood on his hand but I don't think Arnav has anything to do with it"

"What are you talking about Khushi?"

"It's true. See, I looked at every possible data to find even a decimal percentage but so far his hands are clean"

"Are you sure you looked everywhere? Or are you trying to protect him?"

"Why would I protect him, Akash?"

"Don't you realise it, Khushi?"

"What?"

"I saw this that day at the hospital. You were out of control trying to save him. Then I thought I may have misread it and you were only trying a saved person. But today, I feel like what I assumed was correct"

"Akash, I already have a person who speaks on riddles in my life and I don't want another one so please elaborate"

"Khushi, look at yourself, you are obviously falling for him"

"WHAT????? Have you gone crazy? Falling for him? Akash, you better take back your words"

"Usually a person gets defensive when the other person speaks the truth they didn't want to hear"

"I warn you, Akash, take back your words"

"Khushi, I know you are not going to admit this but it's unavoidable for the rest"

"How is Payal?"

"You don't get to change the topic, Khushi. Speak up. What is going on? Because I feel like these days instead of trying to find things against him, you are trying to find things that clear him"

"I don't know what you are talking about and I did not come here to talk about this rubbish"

Khushi didn't want to continue this conversation because deep down she knew what Akash saying is correct. She knew she has started falling for him but her self is not ready to admit the fact. Akash is basically showing her the mirror.

"Ok, Khushi, I will let it go for now but you and I both know this conversation is long overdue. Now tell me what do you want?"

Khushi took the photograph she got from NK out of her file and handed him the envelope.

"What is this?"

At first, Khushi wanted to tell him about Arnav's story and how she think he and Arnav might be biological brothers. But she didn't want to risk it. Like Arnav, Akash has also seen a lot in his life and he is not going to be able to take heartbreak like that if Arnav ended up not being his brother.

"There is a photograph inside this envelop Akash, I need your help in running a facial recognition on this"

"But who are you looking for?"

"I want to find a lost person. The adults in this photo are already dead but the young boy is still alive"

"So you want help in finding the young boy?"

"Not exactly, I found the young boy but I want to help him find his brother"

"So there are two young boys in the photo? You have to be specific Khushi"

"Not really, the photo has the young boy I already know and his parents. I want your help to find if there are any other photos of these adults in our system. Maybe we will find something that will link us to the other boy"

"I am happy to help Khushi as I can personally feel the pain. But don't you think your mind is diverting from your original mission? and who is this for?"

"Akash please, I cannot tell you anything yet. But trust me, this is for a good cause"

"Ok, I'll see what I can do"

After spending a few hours talking about random stuff Khushi left the cafe. She didn't want to take advantage of the driver. Poor guy has been sitting inside the car ever since they arrived.

Akash ordered another coffee and took the envelope from his laptop bag.

"Let's see who is this mystery family Khushi wants details of"

He opened the envelope and took the photo out to face the biggest shock of his life. That was the same photo he had of his parents and brother. His fathers, his mothers and his brother's faces were right in front of him.

Then he remembered what Khushi said that she already found the boy in this photo. Does that mean she found his brother? Akash didn't know how to react. The person he thought he will never find is not existing.

His best friend found his brother. Akash took his phone out and texted Khushi,

"Khushi, we need to talk. Meet me at the cafe now"

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the previous chapter. The majority of you want a happy ending :) I am not promising anything at this point but one thing I can promise is you will not be disappointed in the end.

Some will argue about the realistics of things but hey, isn't that what we all want from fiction anyway? to forget about the harsh realities of life for a second and to be lost in a fantasy world :)