Chapter 20- Arrendersi Piano

There was screaming. So much screaming. But Isabel didn't mind it so much. When she first arrived in hell, the screams pounded in her head, pushing everything out. But by now, she'd gotten used to blocking them out to allow her to think of other things. Even when she'd been invited to the source of the screams, she'd managed to block them out. But now she wasn't so sure she'd be able to do that this time. Not when she was about to become the source of the screams.

She looked down at the trembling damned in front of her, a small woman that had just arrived in hell for a rather small infraction. When Isabel had heard her crime, she honestly felt bad for the woman. Before her untimely death due to a car accident, she had been known to steal bits of food from the restaurant she worked at. During the woman's pleading, she found out that it was just because she was broke and starving and getting food wherever she could. Isabel felt for her, she really did.

But the devil didn't care about her reasoning, and he didn't care if Isabel understood it. All he cared about was whether she was going to do the job he had assigned her.

She gave the woman a reassuring smile, trying to nonverbally tell her that Isabel planned on going easy on her. Just cut her up a little bit. She could do much worse, and the cuts would heal over almost instantaneously. Besides, this was her first time being a torturer. The devil didn't know what she was truly capable of.

"Well? Are you just going to stand around all day? You remember the deal?" he asked, putting his hands on her shoulders and gripping them tightly. "You get to get off the rack but only if you put them on it. I won't cause you any pain if you cause the pain yourself."

"Yes. I remember," she admitted, before looking back down at the trembling woman. Well, there was nothing else for her to do. It had been her own fault that she was put in hell. She'd have to deal with that for all of eternity. But Isabel? She'd been brought down by force. And she had to do whatever it took to survive until she escaped. She lunged at the small woman, grabbing her wrists and holding them above her head.

"Just scream as loud as you can and this will all be over soon," she whispered in the woman's ear, and the woman looked at her with confusion. But she wasn't about to tell the woman any more than that. Isabel told her the best way to get through it; that was a risk in itself. She wasn't about to risk herself even more by telling the woman that she didn't want to torture as much as she didn't want to be tortured.

But that look of confusion became a grimace of pain as Isabel dragged one of her claws over her chest, easily tearing the skin. The woman whimpered a bit, but she didn't scream. No, that wouldn't do. If she didn't scream, the devil wouldn't let her quit. She'd just have to go harder, make sure she screamed. She stabbed her claws into the woman's stomach and began to move them around, trying her best to get the woman to scream.

But she was being stubborn. She knew what Isabel and the devil wanted, and she wasn't about to give them that. Isabel would just have to try harder. She brought her claws out and reared them back to lash out at the woman's face, but the woman had a plan of her own. She lunged forward and wrapped her hands around Isabel's throat and began to squeeze.

Isabel knew the devil wasn't going to help her. She'd have to save herself. As she struggled to breathe, she noticed that the woman's arm was in prime position. It was time to see just how much damage her horns could really do. She cocked her head at just the right angle, and without a moment's hesitation, she slammed one of her horns into the woman's arm.

Finally she screamed as her blood sprayed onto Isabel's face and chest. She pushed her horn further into the woman's arm and she screamed louder. She pulled the horn out and barely even flinched when the blood dripped into her hair and on her face. She looked back at the devil to see him smiling. But it wasn't enough. He wanted more. So she'd give him more. As the woman looked at her arm with horror, Isabel gripped her shirt and drove both of her horns into her stomach.