Chapter 68- Trick Or Treat

Isabel put a few masks up to her face, trying to determine which fit her the best. She smiled to herself, remembering the last time she had worn a mask. It had been the witch's mask that had stuck to her face. But this was different. These weren't magic, but rather, simple masks that were meant for fun. It was the holiday for wearing masks, and Isabel was all for that. Just for one night, the past didn't have to exist. Just for one night, she didn't have to be the woman marked by the devil.

Just for tonight, she could be anyone she wanted to be.

**************

"Uh, excuse me, everybody. I have an announcement to make!" Reid looked up from where he was doing paperwork as JJ walked into the bullpen. He was trying to finish his paperwork so he could visit the hospital and see Ciara in her costume. He'd wanted to dress up for Halloween, but before he could figure something out, they'd been called to La Grande, Oregon, and had only returned that day. It was a shame, really. Halloween was his favorite holiday. "As I'm sure some of you were aware, Henry was a little nervous about going trick-or-treating this year. But he's decided to go anyway!"

"Great! What changed his mind?" Rossi asked.

"Oh, I'm sure he just didn't want to miss trick-or-treating with Ria," Akilah mentioned, and Reid pondered that. JJ had said that she and Henry were meeting up with Teresa and Ria so the two children could trick-or-treat together. Those two were really starting to build a beautiful friendship, and Reid loved to see it. Teresa, after all this time, still had her doubts about whether or not she was a part of the BAU family. She needn't doubt, but with Ria and Henry's friendship, her spot was secured.

"Actually, the BAU did," JJ corrected. "I told him that he should go out on Halloween and figure out which monsters are real and which ones are not."

"So, he wants to be a profiler?" Morgan asked.

"Ah! He wants to be his favorite profiler," JJ said, before gesturing to the entrance to the bullpen. They all waited with bated breath to see who Henry had dressed up as. He finally turned the corner, hand-in-hand with Garcia, and Reid's jaw dropped. Henry was dressed up as him. Right down to the vest, Converse, and mismatched socks. God, he even had a little satchel.

Reid couldn't stop the feeling that caught his heart. Sometimes he wasn't sure about his own standing in the BAU- he knew he was important, but mostly only for his brain. He had never thought of himself as being anyone's favorite. Why would anyone pick him out of everyone in the BAU? Who would pick him over caring JJ, fiery Akilah, bubbly Garcia, protective Hotch, or even strong Morgan?

But here Henry was, claiming Reid as his favorite. Even Ria lit up when she saw him. Lit up in a way Reid hadn't seen with anyone else, except maybe Ciara. But seeing as she was Ria's aunt, Reid wasn't sure that really counted. He felt excitement bloom in his chest as his heart began to swell. If two children looked up to him, that considered him their favorite profiler, then he wasn't doing too bad.

"Wow! Yeah!" Reid laughed as he got up from his desk. Henry smiled excitedly and ran up to him, hugging Reid's legs tightly. He took a step back as Reid crouched down to be at eye level with his godson. "Oh, wow. You look great, Henry!"

"There's two of them now. This is getting a little out of hand," Akilah said with a laugh. One look at her face, though, told Reid that she was loving this as much as he was. Reid reached for his belt and unclipped his badge.

"Put this on here," he muttered as he clipped the badge onto Henry's satchel.

"Oh, he's official!" Morgan laughed as Garcia leaned down to talk in Henry's ear.